on 16 April 2012
Lovely, crystal clear monitor. Luxuriating in the extra information displayed with 2560x1440 pixels.
Height is easily adjustable and has a wide range.
Lots of space for desk clutter under the monitor.
It is used with a MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 as a second monitor via displayport.
Initially thought there was an intermittent problem with the monitor as it sometimes had problems initializing when I powered up the Mac. Happened to notice it going a bit strange when mobile phone got an SMS, so re-routed the cabling well away from other electrical devices. Since then (over a month now) everything has worked perfectly. The displayport cable was very cheap - perhaps better quality ones would have better shielding.
1010 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 November 2012
I've purchased this monitor for my Mac Pro as a primary monitor, after trying Apple 27 Cinema Display (which has died after just 3 hours of use), I've also tried BenQ 27, but didn't quite get the quality I expected.
This monitor is a real beast. One problem I had was connecting it via mini displayport to display port as I couldn't get anything (I'm using ATI Radeon HD 5770). Apparently that's the only port that gives you 120Hz, but connecting with the DVI works just great.
on 1 October 2012
I ordered two Samsung LS27A850 monitors for use with my MacPro. How ironic is that? OK perhaps I was lured by the price, but the reviews were good. They arrived (thanks Fun-Tecks) and I set them up. They looked good, small bezel, great picture with the DisplayPorts, very nice. Then, after three days, one started to show a channel fault. After about two weeks it was unusable. So I sent it back. I have no problem with Fun-Tecks, they have been very helpful, I would buy from them again without hesitation - but Samsung, you seriously have to do better than this. My old Apple monitor lasted 9 years. One of my new Samsung monitors, problematic after 3 days, useless after two weeks. I'm not sure I would buy anything Samsung again.
on 13 January 2013
Excellent monitor. Replaced a briliant 19' dell and a better than average LG 22'. Used for video editing, music production, DTP, limited gaming, a strong alrounder. I have no desire to have a 30' monster in my house so this finds a perfect balance of giving very high definition, immersive viewing and space saving. Simple menu interface, good eco settings, multiple colour profiles. well worth the money.
on 25 July 2012
I bought this monitor to replace a Dell U2711 which I had to return due to its horrible horrible anti glare coating.

this monitor is amazing, its super clear and there is no problem with the anti glare.

It gives a high resolution performance is brilliant.

If you are thinking about buying it, do it! The extra desktop space because of the high res alone is worth it.
on 15 August 2012
Even though it's a matte surface and very very easy to scratch (only has a minor one from unpacking I am thinking), the rest is fine.
If you intend to buy this for a mac product think twice as it comes only with full Display Port and Dual Link DVI inputs so you might want to account for the adaptors as well. (There's one that is renowned as very bad adaptor from Apple themselves)
Anyway if you buy this for real estate it certainly is great. (Don't go for gaming with it!!!)
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

See one answered question