Customer reviews

on 10 June 2011
Book is excellent and clearly shows the correct way to cook the recipes. There is nothing complicated about the content of the book and is a step forward for those amateur cooks like myself wno want to extend their range of menus.
on 31 October 2015
Every home should have this as a standard reference book..........incredible value. really good food
on 1 June 2011
I ended up getting this book at Christmas after finding two books I really wanted on a 3 for 2 offer in Waterstones but being unable to find a third. In frustration I picked this one up and went home annoyed that there wasn't something I wanted more.

But I have to say that this is a great little book. The instructions are clearly laid out, the ingredients are easy to read and the recipes are easy to make (well the ones I've made so far have been)
There something to be said for a well laid out, simple little book that you're not afraid to get dirty compared to the heavy, glossy pretty hard back books that you're afraid to open in case you get it dirty.

And most importantly the recipes I've made have all tasted good.
on 22 June 2016
yet another good book
on 5 March 2017
Good Item
on 12 March 2016
I should maybe give 5 stars but haven't made enough of the recipes yet ... the ones I have cooked been a great hit ... I am not a very experienced or accomplished cook but these are so simply set out and often with so few ingredients to worry about that they don't put you off. Some fussy family members have really enjoyed the meals I have made. I have enjoyed making them.
on 11 June 2012
Delicious Italian dishes and family favourites explained in concise, easy to follow recipes. I've made spaghetti carbonara twice, which is made with eggs not cream! Who knew?
on 16 September 2013
picked as an Ideal present for our son who had just received a new pasta machine.
we have had very good reports from him & his family on the many recipes they have tried.
on 5 August 2012
Excellent book. Lots of good ideas for meals using a variety of pasta. Nice pictures as well. Makes you feel hugry just looking through the book
on 8 September 2014
Terrific recipe book with excellent photos. Clear instructions with Maestro Carluccio giving you ideas for alternate ingredients. Whilst the Table of Contents provides only general topics (soups, etc), the Index is the quick way to find what you need. They were also considerate in that you can search the Index by ingredient or Recipe title! Very helpful.

And, the book gives you the address where you can see pasta being made in a video on line if you need more instruction!