Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 28 October 2011
Squaretrade Warranty is as easy as pie. An absolute breeze to use, just added the 2 year Warranty to my basket, checked out and within minutes received my Certificate of Insurance in my email Inbox! Brilliant. No hassle, no long forms to fill in, no extra details - just complete cover from the moment I read my Kindle. Simplicity itself. An absolute bargain, purely for the lack of hassle.
You're covered for accidental spills, dropping it in water, it being stolen, chewed, smashed or trodden. I will sleep soundly tonight - knowing my new Kindle is safe (for two years at least!).

**update July 2013** - having to claim on the warranty I thought I'd share my experience. Claiming is easy, just a phone call and they send a replacement kindle to you. My only gripe is that the replacement kindle is REFURBISHED and not new. Slightly surprised by this, and my replacement kindle has a scratch on the screen. Not impressed. My star rating has changed from 5 stars to 3 because of this. Just thought other customers should be aware of this.
on 2 September 2013
It was hard to obtain at first, due to personal circumstances.
Excellent offer.
Would recommend to anyone buying a Kindle - take out first thing though, do not leave it until the cut off date, otherwise there may be an issue trying to obtain the cover.
on 24 October 2012
While i'm sure this is a great warranty (I am yet to review the product itself should anything happen to my Kindle) I am unhappy at how SquareTrade have changed the warranty to be a 3 year Warranty, whereas when I purchased it, it was for just 2 years and this was 5 months ago. Understand that warranties are often updated but I'm sad that my warranty is only valid for 2 years and not the 3 years as now advertised.

Apart from that I recieved my warranty quite quickly after purchasing it in May. I will add a further review on the warranty should I suddenly need to make any claim from it.
55 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2011
Prompt service - full details of cover available on-line,However the number of exclusions seems rather large and with all insurance products the real test will come when a claim is being handled. I hope for the best !

G
on 31 March 2012
We'll see how good this warranty is when I need to make a claim, but the set up and registration is pretty straight forward, just make sure you are entered into the UK screen on the company's website.Just remember when buying this product hhat you are not paying for 2 years cover, Amazon have to cover you for the first year come what may. I've just emailed them asking about claim processing during the statutory guarantee period, so lets see how fast they answer
that query.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2012
This was very quick and easy to do and the warranty arrived very promptly. However obviously the proof of the pudding will be if I have to make a claim so I really can't give a full review yet, hence the 3 stars.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2011
I cant really review the product yet as it is warranty.

As long as there are no hiccups if i need to claim its a good price for 2 years accident protection and theft!!
on 25 February 2013
it was bought as a present.as i bought two kindles,that it covered.so for me was a good buy,and no come backs .if there was a problem..
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2014
Although a good policy other companies have quoted a better price.
on 5 November 2011
How do you review an insurance product that you have not claimed on.It seems o.k.It promises all the right things,it looks offical,but in truth,thats as far as it goes.