Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£3.40+ £1.26 shipping

VINE VOICEon 22 November 2011
I've grown up with Westlife songs and love them all, so I just had to get this when I noticed it was available to pre-order.

First of all I love the packaging. It's like a little book with the cd's and dvd forming one of the pages. It's very original.

This has all the classics on that you would expect plus a few new songs (such as Lighthouse.) I don't think there are any songs that I'm sad are not on there.

I chose this version of the greatest hits because I felt the other version didn't have all the songs I would have liked. The dvd is a great extra but I wouldn't have been bothered about it if the other cd had just had a few more songs on. As I type this I notice that this cd isn't available through Amazon anymore, which is a shame, but I noticed it was limited edition when I ordered my copy.

A great CD which I'm sure will be listened to over and over again.
on 12 May 2013
WESTLIFE were one of the greatest bands of our time, alongside OASIS. This collection brings together all of their greatest hits, and most of their best songs. There are some really good ones missing like "Catch My Breath", "Already There" and "Something Right", which was slightly disappointing, but you get most of the good ones. Get the deluxe edition though, because you get an extra CD with lots of their best songs on and an exclusive DVD which is the video versions of the songs.

This is really a MUST buy for any WESTLIFE fan, how could you not? You might own some of these already on other varying CD's, but this is a special collection. It is presented in a book-like format, with top quality images on each page, along with slots for the discs as well as information about each of the songs. I like the design, get this to complete your collection. Listening to most of the best ones on two CD's is a bargain, considering they will never be coming back. This is a collection of songs that I will never get bored of or forget and I have already listened to each song more than twenty times over. This is really a brilliant release, I can't wait for TAKE THAT's greatest hits when they finish.

WESTLIFE will always be in our minds, and we will find it hard to get their tunes out of our heads. "SAFE", "RAISE ME UP", "FLYING WITHOUT WINGS" and "WHAT ABOUT NOW" are my personal favourites, but I love them all. I can't get enough of it, please buy this. WESTLIFE are still known globally, and even though they have finished, they will always be in our hearts...
on 1 December 2011
First of all I believe Westlife were a group who can sing and have had a great carrier of 14 number ones, its just a shame that this is just not the best farewell to the group that sold millions. I was lucky enough to get the two disc set with the DVD of all the hits when it was out, and is far better value than this set. Really this disc only has nine songs not on the original Greatest hits and considering they have released six album since the last million selling hits collection, they could have issued a Greatest hits two not duplicating any tracks from the first best off, and as the first was called volume one then this would have been a great chance for volume two, and then make the limited edition the previous tracks that were available. Of the knew tracks Gary Barlow has given them lighthouse a good tune, and fitting to a group coming to the end of there carrier. All and all I am a bit unsure who this collection is amid at, as the casual fan will have volume one, and the fan would want the two disc version with the DVD. On the plus side the songs are great and we do know then very well yes Flying without wings, the wonderful cover of i have a dream. My real disappointment is the CD has been compressed to buggery and is so distorted at times its ridiculous, this seems to be typical of modern pop CD's,Westlife have great voices always and its sad CD's realsed in the 80's sound a lot better and this is just getting ridiculous I hate the MP3 world its all so distorted and loud, don't these people realise we have volume knobs? The rating is for the duplicate selection and awful mastering.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 January 2012
This title is not to be confused with the previously released "Unbreakable: The Greatest Hits".

Let's face it,many Westlife fan would already own most of the tracks on the single disc edition of "Greatest Hits" bar the four new songs, two of which are mediocre at best. So what's in this three disc set to make you buy lots of songs you already own again? Not much. The attraction for me was the dvd, collecting all the music videos together which is a much better career defining collection than the audio discs but...as is the case with most Sony Music bonus discs, the quality varies, in this case from one clip to the next. I'll try to explain.

Essentially what you have here is "Westlife - the Greatest Hits [DVD]" with the videos released since that collection added on to the end. That first video collection was released in 4:3 picture aspect ratio so if you have one of the newer widescreen televisions these clips all appear for the most part as a rectangle in the middle of the screen which will need to be zoomed up if your set has that function. Some promos are shot in full screen 4:3 so for these you will need to zoom your tv down to avoid clipping the top and edges of the picture. When we get to "Mandy" this video is correctly displayed in widescreen then everything drops down to 4:3 again before reverting to widescreen again for "Amazing" then back to 4:3 again for "The Rose" after which all the recent videos are in widescreen. Confused? your tv will be. If you're watching this dvd on an older square shaped tv or computer you won't have any problems but, most of us have upgraded our sets to watch our movies and music/concerts in widescreen. The sound for the majority of the clips is ok but only in two channel stereo not 5.1 surround like the "Chapter One" dvd. Whoever put this dvd together either didn't know what they were doing, had no budget or should take a video editing course.

The book style package itself is also pretty thoughtless. My discs are ALL scratched from the tight card sleeve pages inside the hardcover book where they are stored. And as some other reviewers have also pointed out, what was wrong with calling it Greatest Hits Chapter Two and releasing a proper cd & dvd focused on the music since "Unbreakable" instead of rehashing the first half of their career again. I hope the dvd gets re-compiled and re-released but I'm not holding my breath. Westlife have given me many happy moments over the last decade and a bit and they deserve a much better send off than this.
on 30 December 2013
First of all it is a great shame that westlife have split up. Everyone just loved listening to their songs. Thanks to Westlife all the fans have their greatest hits to listen too. I bought this from Amazon for my partner for christmas. I hope one day Westlife will back again some time in the future and make more albums. If Westlife do not return in the future I am sure all the fans are with me to wish westlife all the best for the future in what ever path they decide to take. I higly recommend this great album. Review from ireadnovels.wordpress.com
on 6 June 2014
I was looking for a cd by westlife with the song called lighthouse and found it on this cd and the other songs are great on it to. I have just got it through the post and will be putting on in the car as that is where I like to listen to cds when I am driving. I will be getting more cds from this seller and would recommend this seller to anyone else looking for cds as it arrived very quickly and was well packed. Thank you.
on 24 November 2011
Okay, I know this is a 'greatest hits' but it seems more like Sony cashing in on the Westlife brand while they still can. The song selection is bland and sterile, lacking the better singles such as 'Amazing', 'What Makes a Man' or 'Obvious.' To be honest I was expecting a longer track list.

Boyzone's 'Back Again . . . No Matter What' was a much better album.

I've been a fan since 1999, and extremely disappointed. I'll only be paying to download the new tracks, and look forward to Shane's first solo album.
66 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
One of the U.K's most successful chart toppers, in fact only 'Elvis' and 'The Beatles' have had more, they are equal 3rd with 'Cliff'
No other artist in the charts history have had their first seven titles at the top of the tree.....sadly one of the UK's most successful acts in terms of chart success have gone their separate ways.
This album includes eleven of their fourteen number 1's, if i had to choose a favourite I guess my choice would be predictable....'Fying Without Wings' ---closely followed by 'You Raise Me Up'
The song 'Mandy' is often referred to as a cover of the 'Barry Manilow' classic, however the song was originally written and recorded by 'Scott English' and was called 'Brandy' ( love that version ) I suspect 'Scott' earned a bucket full of royalty cash from both 'Westlife's' and 'Barry Manilow's success with the number.
This is a great reflection of the groups achievement's, however, wish i'd bought the 2-CD plus DVD version at the time as it includes the missing number 1's along with many other memorable tracks.
Nevertheless this is a great purchase,but....the collection mentioned must be a better option if it can still be bought...
on 25 January 2016
This was bought as a gift for someone else , but I know they are happy with it , they had a different album but was missing a song that they liked , so I found this album which had many songs and the song they liked on it 😊
on 25 February 2013
Who didn't like Westlife?? I wasn't a hardcore fan but wanted a cd with all of their songs on it. The only song not on here that I would have liked is Bop Bop Baby, but I downloaded that on itunes. I love a Greatest Hits cd because you can listen to it all the way through. You don't always get that benefit from an album.
Go for this cd if you love listening to Westlife :)