• Chief

Customer reviews

Chief
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 September 2013
Who is this man and where did he come from and why I have just heard about him????

I buy far too many albums of all genres and just love listening to music, especially on my brilliant headphones.
I have bought 100's of albums from Amazon, mainly on the reviews.
This album is the best I have heard for several years, especially because I had not heard a single track before.
What an absolute stunner-the voice, the accent, the lyrics, the melody (just like a memory-Springsteen), the ban and musicianship and just the whole darn atmosphere.
I played this to my dear wife at 8.00 am this morning and said just lie back and think of....Carolina(of course). She loved it too.

I am so taken with this, that I will checking out any future UK tour for sure, no matter how far from Glasgow.
Just got the other two now from Amazon and just about to go on a big walk and enjoy them too.

Please buy and spread the word!!!
on 17 March 2016
A serious well put together record. Covers various subjects, has a good tempo about it, a great voice, great songs, one of the best records I have bought in the last year or two. Not a filler on it, and Keep On and Country Music Jesus especially are just out of the ball park in my opinion. If you like Keith Urban's Golden Road and Be Here, this will be right up your street. Between himself, Miranda Lambert, Ray Scott, Ashley Monroe, Kasey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton and a few others, country music should be in good hands if the record companies don't stick their oar in and make it bland again.
on 12 June 2012
This is such a fine album and the ' Springsteen ' song is a classsic in the making.You get no frills as far as Eric Church is concerned,just good honest country music and he can rock it up as well.Once you start playing this album you won't want it to stop.From ' Creepin ' to ' Over When It's Over ' the tuneful melodies keep on a coming.Worth the price of anyones cash.
on 15 April 2016
I was new to Eric Church but came across him from Amazon recommendation on Brad Palsey, Dierks Bentley links, and am really pleased. This album is quite old when I bought it so will definitely get his later albums. It is a great cross between rock and country, good guitar riffs and fabulous lyrics, as every good country song should tell a story !
on 31 July 2012
I must admit I bought this cd after I heard the single Springsteen. I am a massive Bruce fan and had just been to Hyde Park again to see him.
Anyway,this album is an excellent one,from the opening track of Creepin to the last,there isnt a duff one on the album.I cant wait for Eric Church to tour the UK.
My favourite track needless to say is Springsteen,purely because Church is right on the money with the lyrics and the hook,stolen from the Bruce fans chant.Homeboy is a close second,but to be truthful this is a very,very good album.
Eric Church shouldnt be labeled country as his music can be enjoyed by any type of music fan who likes good lyrics with upbeat tunes.
Spend the dosh and enjoy.
on 4 October 2013
Didn't know much about Eric so looked at the reviews and took a gamble. This CD is excellent, nowhere near traditional country music in the Kenny Rogers style but raw, risky, at times edgy but throughout the whole album there is quality song after song. By the end of the disc you realise you haven't skipped any tunes and enjoyed the whole album. Have since bought Sinners Like Me which is equally first class. Don't hesitate to buy either of these, they are excellent. Highly recommended. Would love to see this guy in concert in the UK.
on 15 April 2014
From traditional country music to full on country-rock. Hardnose and softtail occasionally even easy listening. Every track a gem. Springsteen, Garth Brookes, Steve Earle and The Eagles all in one package. Well crafted songs topical and reflective on American life. Superbly recorded, this is an album in the old school way. The tracks run from one to another and keep the listener engaged with light and shade. if you like country/rock you'll love this (IMHO).
on 11 March 2014
Quality album of well written songs taking in all human emotion.
Great mix of uptempo and slow tracks, Eric and his band really push the boundaries which makes for a really interesting mix of music genres.
If I had to pick my own stand out tracks they would be Creepin, Like Jesus does, Hungover and hard up, Homeboy, Springsteen, I'm Gettin' stoned.
on 22 September 2015
More accessible than the latest album and less rock and more country this arguably remains his best. With the award winning "Springsteen" and No 1 hit "Put a Drink in My Hand" this remains his best all round effort so far.
on 3 June 2013
I'd never heard of Eric Church until I saw a clip of him performing "Drink in my Hand" on the Jools Holland Show. After hearing that I decided to listen to some other of his stuff , which in turn led me to buying Chief. What can I say an excellent album from start to finish. My two favourites would probably be Homeboy and Springsteen, however there's not a bad track on here. Definitely worth buying.