Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 23 December 2011
I'd looked for a while for a large barrel cordless gas styler but not many around! I am pleased with this ; it warms up quickly, is easy to use and the gas canister seems to last a while. I travel a lot so this is ideal. I would certainly recommend to others.
on 10 November 2012
I bought this Babyliss tong to replace my old Braun version since you have to take out a mortgage nowadays to get hold of the [discontinued]Braun Gas cartridges!!!...So... I was a bit half-hearted about the change, having used Braun for years.......BUT....what a super product this is..It heats up REALLY quickly and the cartridge seems to last well..There is a little aperture at the top which shows if the gas has lit...really handy....but best of all, in my opinion, is the fact that you are not left for what seems like an irritatingly long period of time waiting for the tong to heat up - It really is practically instantaneous!!
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2012
Very good styler. Easy to see when switched on and also how much gas is left. Pity the gas refills are not easy to find. This styler replaces my old Braun which I used for many years and is just as efficient.
on 22 January 2013
Very plasticky and it stopped working after two weeks. As I live in France the cost of returning it would be more than what I paid for so just threw it away. I won't buy BaByliss again. Dear Braun, please bring back your cordless gas styler!
on 19 September 2016
The product unit itself is very good. It has a great size barrel and brush and heats up quickly.
The reason I have dropped a star is the hetproof cover. This has to win the prize for the most useless, badly designed cover in the entire history of hair styling products. It doesn't fit while the brush is in place so you risk losing the brush portion in the cdepths of your wardrobe or wherever else you may keep your curling tongs. The cover has cut outs for the various switches and bulges etc but doesn't go on far enough and then I read you are supposed to lift the clip that you would use to hold your hair to the barrel and slide the cover under than to keep the cover in place. Nice theory but in practive it doesn't work. it has no cutout to slide under the nase of the clip hence the clip sticks out when the cover is in place andalso stop[s it going onto the barrel as far as it did without the clip holding it. Not an easy thing to explain but anyone who has one already will understand imm,ediately what I am talking about. Braun make a cover that slides on when the brush is in situ and also stops you accidentally turning on the applicance. No such safety on Babyliss product.
Sack your designer or make him come up to scratch. This is appalling.
on 8 February 2012
I already have the 19mm version of this and love it. This model - the 28 mm one - styles equally well, giving looser curls, but there a crucial design flaw. The cover is too small to fit over the barrel when the brush head is attached (i.e. it fits over the curling tong only). If you plan to use it while travelling, the brush head will be left unprotected and at risk of damage.
on 19 March 2013
This is a very useful styler -I have very curly hair, and in between washes
I use it to straighten out the frizziness!
on 30 November 2013
ideal for a holiday on a boat when electricity is not available. Easy to use and heats up very quickly.
on 15 July 2013
I love this product as I don't need to use rollers anymore and its
so easy to take on holiday for touch-ups.
on 27 February 2013
I bought this because the Braun smoothstyler is no longer available and mine is no longer reliable. Though slightly larger barrelled this gas styler heats up really quickly and gives good results. All round good buy.