At last someone is selling 12 volt! ideal for Solar set ups off grid & stable applications where mains supply is not up to standard, a 12v light gives plenty of scope to use a car battery & swap over whilst another float charges...

As a tinkerer of solar (Yingli Panels) I'm investing in a few of this type to light up our dog run, garden highlighting, basic security, shed etc without having to dig in expensive steel wire armour cabling & get an electrician out!

SO far this has exceeded my expectations & light output amongst the units has been consistent when measured.
They don't have PIR's ..(I don't want them too) as pirs can use up a considerable amount of energy by themselves (you'd be surprised).

As an early adopter of LED lighting I have purchased quite a few LED floodlights, this is good as it's a very utilitarian design, produced in great numbers in china therefore the only price difference is based on the LED which only gets marginally bigger as the wattage increases, so no hard work in terms of production ...

A solid metal casing is a pre-requisite as it acts as a heat sink (leds get warm & need air flow, not to be allowed to cook, so a single led is better than a cluster in terms of longevity).

I use a few of these as loft lights, in my larder (where light is more important than looks) & outside for general lighting by the garage, log store etc.

The advantage of colder light compared to "warm yellow light" is increased light output, so if you read any reviews where folk are moaning about cold white light it's because they really haven't a clue as to what they are buying & why!

whiter = brighter, & bright output is what most folk want in reality.

The Lumens output realistically is hard to equate & compare, however this would typically (give or take) be equivilent to roughly 700-800 lumens if the leds are strictly qc'ed & measured (known as BIN leds).

That means you'd get roughly 70w (at a guess) useful light spread over a 120 degree angle, ideal for proper illumination of front doors, steps, shed lighting, basic lighting for a stable or work table etc...

if not sure try looking for a 30-40w model which will offer superb throw of light.

If using outdoors remember to use appropriate connectors.

reminder: A single decent LED tends to be better than a cluster of lower wattage leds, however cost more as they are in less demand resulting in higher costs, as folk get to know more about leds this will change & we'll be more choosey!
on 17 March 2012
I am a full time mechanic and have been searching for a 12v light i can use when working on vehicles.

This light is ideal, I simply wired it onto a long lead with two battery clamps and it is the perfect work light for any vehicle. Just clip it to the battery.

I also fitted a clamp to the bracket on the light so I can fix it to different places. It illuminates the engine bay or under a vehicle perfectly and is more than bright enough.

It arrived earlier than expected,

Its great, thanks Brightlitz!
on 7 October 2011
I have never been a fan of LED lamps (they usually give off a cold, blue light), so I was a little dubious about buying this type of light, but, as it's only to be used to illuminate the back garden, I decided to take the chance. A good decision as it turns out. The "warm white" light given off by this unit is indistinguishable from halogen, it consumes just a tenth of the power of its halogen equivalent and has an alleged life of 50,000 hrs (over 20x that of halogen). Although the LED element itself appears not to be replaceable, if it meets that estimate and you were to leave it on for 8 hours every night of the year, it should run for over 17 years, without ever having to replace a light bulb. The solid aluminium construction should also ensure it lasts that long.

To conclude this, my first ever product review, I must add that I found the service from Brightlightz to be excellent too, and I can highly recommend this item to anyone.
on 21 April 2012
Good value for a 12v LED SMD Floodlight,bright and does the job well,very handy to use, I give it five stars.
on 21 June 2012
Bought this to work on motorcycle in garage as i have no power to garage and have to say i was well impressed. The build quality seems nice and solid the light is small and compact and gives of loads of light also the seller was excellent to deal with great communication .
on 20 October 2012
Having read the description for this product I expected a long power cable (1m) on it but all it had on it was a 10cm lead which meant that I had to go and buy some separate cabling to be able to connect to the car battery that I was using to power it.
Once it was connected the light was impressive and very satisfactory.
VINE VOICEon 13 October 2012
A pair of these were bought to fit on my elderly Land Rover as working lights for when we go camping and arrive after dark and need some light to unload the car and put up the tent.

They're quite bright and look really nice and sort of 'industrial'.

I bought a kit of parts with all the necessary electrical fittings from Ebay.

Only four stars because they have 'mains' type wring rather than vehicle wiring with 'brown, blue, green/yellow' wires rather than the more correct 'red/black/green' but it didn't cause any problems...

Compared to most work lamps for Land Rovers they're incredibly cheap and the whole job, including the electrical fittings, cost less than a single lamp from most suppliers.
on 15 December 2011
I have this fitted in the back of my van, a few metres of 12v cable into the battery and a cheap £1 switch and it's done.

The amount of light it gives off is perfect, fills the whole vehicle nicely. Being 10w is great too as I kno it will take a long time for that to flatten a 65Ah battery!

Warm White? I was dubious at first, but it is EXACTLY the same colour as any halogen light, but without the heat or power required to drive it.

all in all I am very impressed with this light.

If they made this on a little stand with a rechargeable battery I would buy it right now, would be very handy for use on site.
on 10 February 2015
First thing it's really small and about the same lux output as my battery torch . I would not call this a flood light . It's well made looks water proof . I rewired it with 10Amp red black cable so no mistakes with polarity and needed a longer length for cable run. I'm using it my garage which has no mains power . I would say it's like switching on a 60w bulb in the house . I would buy another one if the price went down to £15 which it should be in my opinion . I would say you need two of these lights in a normal single garage .
on 15 April 2015
It turn out this wasn't 12v at all, couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work but would flash when turned off, also the cable had an earth and cable was getting hot when switch on. It seams on closer inspection and confirming it with the electrician who lives next door that some yoyo had put a 12v sticker over the 240v and some how thought that this would work. Glad it wasn't the other way around, would have gone bang