on 1 September 2015
brought this for my nine year old who is showing signs of emotional changes, thought this may help her. I have read it through first just to be sure it's not to mature for her. I was pleasantly surprised how clear and down to earth the language is in the book. I think this will help her understand the changes that will happen to her without scaring her. Would recommend.
on 12 March 2018
My daughter loves this at age 9 its perfect to coincide with her noticing the beginnings of puberty. Practical and positive written in a fun style - my daughter said "it must be written by a teenager" - a great buy for all girls of this age. Non-threatening and tells you everything you need to know apart from the details of sex for which i bought a separate cartoon style book.
on 26 April 2015
I bought this book last week, it came within a few days which I was happy with. I am 12 and wanted this book to learn about growing up. It had lots of helpful information about growing up and periods and it was very word-friendly. Although, everything it said in the book I already knew about. Would've liked it to have a bit more. I would recommend this book for a 10-year-old. This book is good for a certain age range but it's just that I knew about everything it said in the book. The book is very reassuring for a girl who hasn't had their first period and makes you confident about it. Great book.
on 15 February 2018
Very happy with this purchase, it is helping me discuss with my 8year old what is and will be happening with her and her friends so that its not so scary for her. Highly recommended.
on 23 June 2012
Have been looking for a book about 'growing`up' for a while and a friend recomened this one.
It arrived swiftly and i have read it on my own before intending to look at the book with my 9yr old.
Its concise & to the point without going into too much detail. I would say just the right amount for primary school level.
My daughter has started to receive sex ed at school {tho thankfully on a very basic level} and i wanted to be prepared for any further questions etc. And tho she has broached the subject {mainly about body changes} and i have always been honest with her, but at the same time on a 'need to know' basis its nice to have this to refer to when i think the time is right for a bit more info.
Would definately buy from this author again.
on 16 June 2017
This book is perfect for 10-11 year olds. Just the right amount of information without being overwhelming My daughter enjoyed the book and it prompted lots of questions
on 13 February 2014
I fell on this book by chance while looking for another book, the reviews read well so i have purchased it in advance my daughter who will be 10 soon and although she looked through the book she said she didn't feel ready to read it, she knows its there for us to read together when the times right. Looking at the book fo rmyself i think its well written and something a child will relate too without it being o.t.t., keeping the basics simple and making it seem not so overwhelming for a child.
on 10 March 2014
Brought this after reading reveiws didn't read it all myself ,but wish I did, it seamed age appropriate for my ten year old daughter so i let her read it. Is reference to sex though which not sure my daughter was ready for she did get a bit upset but this subject is a tricky one. in Hind sight I perhaps should of left it another year but was concern she may start her periods and wanted her to be aware of what was happening.
on 2 December 2017
Something to introduce the subject of growing up.
on 5 August 2013
I got this for my 9 year old daughter who's body is starting to develop. We both found it easy to read and very informative. It's great for her to dip into from time to time. Although I am happy to discuss anything with her, it's good that she can read about periods and related matters for herself, then come to me if she wants to discuss them further. There's nothing in this book that I am not happy for her to read. Bought this along with 'What's Happening to Me?', another good book for growing girls.