Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 October 2011
This album contains some of the most beautiful,melodic and moving singing I have ever heard.Gurrumuls voice is like nothing I have ever heard before,I wish that more people were aware of it.It is impossible to know which category it fits as there is
nothing to compare it with.
on 4 April 2012
Very rarely you hear a piece of music and know immediately that it is one of the most sumptuously beautiful pieces of music you have ever heard but this is one of those rare occassions. The music is simple but washes over you , it is so pure and clean , an absolute delight.
on 8 June 2012
I decided to buy this after hearing Gurrumul sing on Gary barlow's Jubilee song,Sing. I find it absolutely beautiful. The album is sung entirely in the Australian language with no English and is all about ancestry,country and the earth and its elements and how the Australian Aboriginal people regard those things. There is an excellent booklet included with the album which translates the tracks into English but I found, that when listening, I did not need to know the words but am just content to drift on the beauty of Gurrumul's voice.
on 21 April 2013
My sister in law loaned us his first CD when we visited Australia in 2010. It became a haunting accompaniment for our long drive up the East coast from Melbourne to Brisbane. I reluctantly returned the CD, but soon bought my own copy. It was a clear "no-brainer" that I would also buy his follow up CD. We have not been disappointed. He is a blind aboriginal singer with a truly remarkable talent. All tracks are sung in Gurrumul's native aboriginal dialect, but an accompanying booklet provides an English translation. Another hauntingly beautiful album that can be played over and over and over again.
on 29 October 2011
Lovely relaxing pieces of music, only criticism is that each song sounds similar to the previous one. If you like this style then it's an excellent choice.
on 6 July 2012
I bought both CD's after seeing Gurrumul in the Gary Barlow documentary. His music really focussed me and made me sit up and listen yet relax at the same time. Better listened to in his native tongue than following the English translations on the cover. Although these were helpful in giving insight into the content of the songs I felt I could emotionally engage with the track better without the English translation. Loved it.
on 12 June 2014
Gurrumul has once again proved with this album that he is the best artist to come out of Australia
for a long ,long time. I highly recommend this album and hope he continues to please everyone
as much as he did me when they hear it .
on 1 May 2015
I only heard of this man today and immediately felt the passion and total clarity in his voice. The only other person who has affected me in this way was when I first heard Eva Cassidy. I cannot wait to hear more of his music.
on 27 October 2013
The best c.d i've heard for a long time...a gift from my brother who has exceptionally good taste.
Yoiu will not be disappointed Gurrumul has a voice so pure it is transcendent
on 23 June 2012
Simply in one word, beautiful! Thanks to Gary Barlow for bringing him to our attention. Also purchased Gurrumul's previous CD and looking forward to its arrival.