Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.96

on 20 April 2017
I purchased this to get a foundational understanding of geology before starting my course at university next year, if you know your physical geography and basic chemistry you'll be nodding along and then abhored at the things they leave out at A-level.

An exceptionally brilliant and friendly introduction to the joys of geology.
on 2 November 2012
I wanted a Geology book which I could understand easily and which would give me the information I sought. I had been on a trip to Crete where the ancient archaeological sites are plentiful. The incredible rocks on the island take your breath away and I was determined to find out more about them since their shapes were varied and their content different. Geology for Dummies is just the book for you if you are a beginner since it describes not only the varieties of rocks which fascinated me but far more about our earth. I recommend it no matter where you live as you can identify rocks and patterns in cliffs quite easily. There are interesting facts about volcanoes and how the plates in the earth can come together to cause earthquakes. In the world we live in there are so many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions going on at present, that its helpful to understand from this book more about them. If you like fossils you can learn more about them too. Its a book you can pick up and read anytime.
on 11 August 2011
Really comprehensive introductory book to geology thats probably equivalant to GCSE/A level written in the easy to read 'dummies' format, one of the best intoductory geology books I own and I've got a few.
on 28 September 2011
This book offers a very comprehensive, crystal-clear introduction to Geology. What I found refreshing was the fact that the language remains sober, succinct and scientific throughout the book, without those needless concessions to silly colloquialism that clog up some American manuals. It's an excellent entry-level work and one that I would certainly recommend.
on 21 August 2012
This book gives a very clear and detailed overview of many aspects of geology. For the beginner, it will prove a helpful introduction, well explained and well illustrated. For the more advanced student, it will be a valuable reference tool. Overall, a bargain.
on 20 July 2012
A 'must have' for those seeking clarity about Geology. It is an easy to read and informative book for all those seeking knowledge about our Earth.
on 7 March 2013
I wanted something compact and reliable that could provide a good start point to main geological concept from geological time to various sedimentary processes and the books is perfect for this!
on 12 August 2013
This book starts at square one, and eases the reader into the topic. It is pretty basic to start with but moves on to the nitty gritty of geology.
I was a little disappointed that physical geology, or the description, identification and properties of the various rock types was more or less confined to one chapter (7), the rest of the book concentrated more on geography, geophysics and palaentology which is fine if that's what you want to read about
on 13 March 2013
Very good but yet detailed enough basic textbook on geology; modern with the latest insights, to the point, written for a broad interested public. Excellent and startling division into chapters.
A relief to be read by a professional geologist!
on 22 September 2016
This book is awesome! I am a massive dummy as I start a science Masters soon in a subject I didn't study at degree level so I seriously needed to brush up on my geology knowledge and this book has been absolutely brilliant. I have actually enjoyed reading it so have raced through it in only a few days. I can't believe how much I have learnt from this book and knowledge that I already had has been really cemented now. You know when you kind of know something but don't know that you know it? Well now I know it! Totallly recommend this book for anyone studying geology no matter what level.