on 6 July 2014
A remote-control sized controller which can be used to control and input on tablets and PCs. It could be that I'd find a Bluetooth mouse would be more accurate than the touchpad here, but having read lots of reviews which seem to hint at possible problems when pairing a discrete Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to a device, I use mine to control a Linux PC and a Tesco Hudl tablet. I'm pleased to report that this 'just works' wherever I pair it. Its power-saving 'sleep' feature can be irritating when using this to conrol the Hudl, because when the Hudl senses that a Bluetooth connection has been lost, whatever you were doing (eg watching something with BBC iPlayer) is interrupted, forcing you to do something just to resume your activity. I haven't rooted my Hudl, and have not found any apps on Google Play to overcome this. But if you know of an app which does that, please add a comment to this review :).
on 29 May 2013
I bought this item in January 2013, but since then two have become faulty. The first died within weeks when the USB dongle stopped working, and the replacement keyboard lasted about 4 months before the keyboard itself failed to turn on. When it does work however, it is a good little unit - the range is enough for my needs (length of the lounge), the mouse is responsive and the typing ok for web browsing. I use it for a media PC, but wouldn't recommend it for those who wish to do more typing on it than the odd bit of web browsing like me.

As well as its usability, I have also persevered with this item is because of the customer service of Anker. They are quick to respond, very helpful and seem to really care about their customers. I may have been unlucky with the hardware, but the support has been worth the pain.
on 18 June 2016
Really handy for the odd times when I need a mouse / keyboard for my media center PC. The built in laser pointer has also kept my cats entertained for hours. On the downside, it feels a bit cheep, and you have to remember to switch it of manually every time, otherwise it will be dead next time you go to use it - but it is quick enough to recharge over USB.
on 15 August 2014
Lovely little bluetooth keyboard for my tablet. It works very well and has a little trackpad and laser pointer. Would have given it 5 stars if the keyboard # key and some other symbols were where the keboard says they are. I'm used to it now but at first it was a little bit confusing.
on 17 April 2013
I bought this to use with a Series 6 Samsung Smart TV as I couldn't put up with the awful display-based keyboard on the TV itself. It works fine without using the supplied USB dongle and is picked up by the TV as a bluetooth keyboard (turning it off and on once while the TV was scanning for devices helped it get picked up by the TV). The keyboard and mousepad both work just fine. The scroll area at the bottom of the mouse pad is really useful for scrolling windows. The keys have a nice positive click and they've managed to squeeze in all the usual ones (take a close look at the picture). The keys have an orange backlight, which you can toggle on and off with one of the keys (I read in some of the documentation that it had "24 DAZZLING BACKLIGHT LEDS" - well, don't worry about being "DAZZLED", but they're easily bright enough). The battery life seems fine so far. It's more or less the same size as a remote control, so it doesn't look out of place or clutter up your sofa. It's also very light which does make it feel a bit cheap, but which you realise is actually a good thing once you've been using it for 10 minutes. As with other comments, I wouldn't want to write an essay on it, let alone War & Peace, but that's not what it's for. It's a nicely layed out and handy keyboard, more than up to the job of typing a few emails or browsing the web. I would say for around 20 quid it's a bargain, with a laser pointer thrown in, which I too am going to have to disconnect to stop my kids blinding themselves. Finally, make sure you get the correct version - Bluetooth or Wireless. I ordered the wrong one originally.
on 9 November 2014
The keyboard is just big enough to be useful and works really well. I like the back-lit function which is operated via a key on the keyboard. Despite its size it has volume controls and some video/internet controls which is good. The mousepad is responsive and has a scroll function, there are two scroll buttons on the lower end of the device which is good for browsing the web.
The unit charges quickly and stays powered up when not in use. Connecting to my HTC One x+ and Nexus 7 was easy.
I would recommend this for anyone after a handheld keyboard for your phone/tablet or smart TV.

The device is around 15cm long 6cm wide and 2cm thick making it around the size of a small remote control. The laser pointer is really bright and makes a good toy for my cats to chase.
on 10 April 2013
Having searched long and hard for something that would allow me to remotely control my Kindle Fire HD wirelessly when viewing content on my Sony Bravia TV via HDMI, it came as quite a relief to discover that this neat little keyboard/remote actually does the job brilliantly!

All of the android shortcuts and just about all of the other function keys work just as they are supposed to, so that I can now easily do things like:

- mute and change volume
- pause/play films, music and audiobooks
- skip forward or back to the next track or chapter
- open option menus with the dedicated square/arrow symbol key
- type quickly and easily into search boxes
- go back with the arrow pointing left key
- go directly to the home screen with the home button
- scroll around pages with the four cursor buttons and tab key etc...

...it's worth noting that one or two of the very rarely used symbol keys produce unexpected characters and that there is no £ sign, although when the # key is used within Amazon shopping pages, it appears!

Lastly, though and by no means least, in complete contradiction to what the manufacturer states - THE MOUSE AND TOUCH PAD DOES WORK! This means that when connected, a cute little blue arrow magically appears on the screen, which is responsive and accurate, just as you would expect from a good laptop.

So, in conclusion, I now have complete control over my Kindle Fire HD & TV from the comfort of my sofa with the help of this really well thought out little gem of an item. Couldn't be more pleased with it.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2012
I used the keyboard to type this review.
I bought this somewhat out of desperation, mostly out of being cheap. I wasn't going to spend the money for a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that Apple wanted, nor did I want to have to have my sofa cluttered up like that.
In short, it not only works well, but it exceeded my expectations by miles. (It also exceeds my ability to read the tiny text on the big screen from the corner of my sectional, but that is a good thing on its account.) Granted, I was expecting a piece of cheap Chinese afterthought electronics, but it ended up so much more.
The keys work very well, and have a nice, positive click when you hit them. The touch pad is excellent, and gets the job done.
Good battery life, excellent sleepmode feature to conserve battery.
It also comes with a mini-Bluetooth dongle. That in and of itself will often go for the price of the whole unit. It slips neatly into the side of the case for convenient storage if you don't need it at the moment.
Would I want to write War & Peace on it? Not on your life. But for editing movie titles, clearing error pop-ups, and generally operating a media center PC, it is fantastic.
The blacklight and laser work great, but laser is a waste of battery power in my application. I'll probably plug it to keep my boys from blinding one another.
Other than that, it paired easily and just plain works. Automatically reconnects when i open and close laptop or when you turn the unit off and on.
This is the ultimate media center PC remote for when the Mac Mini little white infrared minimalist remote will not suffice. I give a hearty thumbs up!
on 16 August 2013
Using it for my Samsung Smart TV. Unfortunately cannot use it with the TV's YouTube app as that app uses it's own keyboard interface that can't be used with this keyboard. Most of the TV's apps use the default interface which does work with this keyboard.
Took quite a lot of attempts to get it to connect to TV. You need to enter the TV PIN and hit 'Enter' button straight away.
The charging port is Mini USB (like a PS3 Controller), why didn't they use a Micro USB charger so that you can use a majority of mobile phone charges for this keyboard? Now I have to use a separate lead for charging.
Cannot permanently turn off built in laser pointer feature - That could be dangerous in a childs hand. I will mask it off with electrical tape
on 27 August 2013
Great product, just the right size to fit in your pocket and doesn't take up too much desk space. Smaller than a TV remote. Touchpad works just like how you'd expect a touch pad on a laptop to work but the scroll feature is left to right and not up and down but you get used to it really fast. Takes around 10 to 30 seconds to load up and start in the background on my windows 7 PC on the log in screen once booted but very responsive once its on. Kinda awkward to hold but works fine once your used to it. Would be better if it was more like a blackberry shape rather than a long rectangle but once you use it a few times its pretty fast to type with.