on 25 March 2013
Love Lacie, Love this drive, never had a problem with any rugged HD's, even though they travel and get a lot of use. Recommended brand . .
on 12 August 2013
I bought this hard drive as an extra, but upon using it, found that it is so useful that I have now started using it as my main drive!!
on 14 July 2016
In less than a month the hard drive has failed. It was never moved from my desk and was being used to hold large video files for an important project. I should have backed up my files if they were that important I hear you say...but I hadn't as they were so many and they were so large. I had had to move them off my laptop on to this 'rugged' external drive to leave space to work! Now I am stuffed. Lacie will replace it but nothing but a link to Seagates £500 data recovery service.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2015
An excellent piece of kit, chugs away silently keeping my iMac backed up via Time Machine ... and very quickly delivered.
on 30 December 2014
only just started to use it but it seems perfectly suited to what I want and I've had good reports from other users too.
on 18 October 2016
I have 2 of these and they are used for music library's. i have had one fail but the support was very good and a replacement was with me within a week or so. could maybe do with a thicker rubber coating, but they are small lightweight and work pretty well. i have had trouble with the bundled cable so i would get a premium one especially if it is getting used in an area that has a lot of vibration (i have actually glued one of my cables in).
on 30 March 2013
These are great products, my 2 are used for simple storage backup of photographs and mac info and have not let me down
on 4 July 2014
used to swap between a mac and PC. Formatted at eXFat it works fine, no issues - have 4 of them now, all seem OK.
on 9 June 2013
Very solid unit, have a smaller model for use with an older mac, great build, would recommend to others to buy
on 19 March 2012
In May 2011, myself and 4 other students in my film making program bought this Lacie hard drive for our course. The firewire connection and 1TB of storage were ideal for working with large, raw video files. By Dec 2011, 3 of our 5 Lacie drives were not working for some reason or another. Don't be fooled, there is nothing rugged about these hard drives. Our hard drives never left our desks, yet after only a few months became so temperamental that they had to be held just so for them to work. This issue can and has been resolved, but was a huge inconvenience. The hassle wasn't worth it, especially at this price.