on 21 March 2013
I previously had a pair of Northface soft shell pants with some techical aspects, which I wore all the time. Then I burned a hole in them on my motorbike exhaust. Then after repeated rides I burned a big hole in my jeans. With nothing else to wear (legs wise) I needed to buy a pair of trousers for a trip home so that my mum wouldn't know I had bought another motorbike (because of the holes). Now that I've made that clear as mud, these softshell pants are made of a nice stretchy (soft!) fabric, are slim fit and very comfortable. They have a bit of technical detailing at the ankles to make the ankles / calves quite tight, like the other reviewer said, good for cycling. Probably not for motorcycling if you have a KTM with a very hot exhaust a which is bit too close for comfort ! Fortunately I learned my lesson and haven't tried that with these pants yet. These don't have much in they way of technical details, bells and whistles etc which i kinda like, but for a pair of basic everyday trousers these are obviously of high quality, well made and very comfortable, if that's what you are after, I would recommend them.
on 25 September 2012
I have used several soft shell pants, so far this is the best. I like it best because
1. it's built very well, solid and stretchy.
2. ankle zip can hold ski boot (restrictive but can do). And there is a draw string as well so that the ankle can be very small, which is good for cycling.
3. fit is very good on me, technical yet not too technical. Slim fit and stretchy. I have a patagonia alpine guide pant, which is also very good, but too technical and a bit loose on me. I feel I can wear the scree pant to work no problem.
4. 4 season pants, not too thin yet not too thick, just right. The weight is all right for travelling and backpacking.
on 15 February 2013
Brilliant trousers, comfortable, warm and resilient. Worth a buy! Nice cut which look good whether walking,hiking or just for everyday use.