Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

on 3 September 2015
I don't normally write reviews but this is just so awful I feel I have to warn people. The hoop is very badly made with laminates splitting and splinters. It had a big chunk missing from the inner ring - not good when you are working with delicate aida material. And as for the nut / bolt tightening - what's that all about? I couldn't turn the screw at all, it was so fiddly. Didn't even get a return address to enable me to send this "item" back. If I stop one person from buying this, then this review will be worthwhile. Total con - this went straight in the bin :-(
on 22 October 2013
I ordered this with plans to give it to my sister for Christmas as part of a set of decorative embroidery hoops that I had embroidered for her to display on her wall. I really don't think this hoop will be of any use for this project/present. The wood is not finished and has various dark marks on it. The actual screw looks almost industrial, it is long and unsightly, and would look horrendous displayed on someone's wall. The nut on the screw is bent so the screw just keeps clicking round but will not actually unscrew/screw fully. I am thoroughly disappointed with this product. The product photo is also not the hoop you actually get sent, which is just ridiculous. It's not even worth returning it, I'll probably use it as kindling for my fire.
on 7 August 2013
Roughly made of laminated wood with the layers splitting. Sharp edge that stresses and catches the fabric & threads. Bolt for tightening relies on a washer/nut and is fiddly to use. I wanted this to use to make cross stitch inserts for cards - not sure that it will be useable for that. It isn't quite circular so only fits together one way. Doesn't look at all like the picture of the product in terms of quality of the finished product.
on 3 June 2017
Really handy size for travelling.
on 22 March 2017
good strong hoop easy to use
on 18 March 2017
Very disappointing with the screw, does not correspond with the photo
on 25 May 2017
The screw does not work, and so the hoop is unusable. Also, the wood is very rough and would likely catch on any fabric.
on 9 April 2017
Well made.
on 31 July 2014
I AM HAPPY WITH THIS ITEM AND THE SERVICE.
on 11 August 2012
A wooden emboidery hoop, serves well, but the edging is not so nice at all, looks like it hasn't been finished, the edges, where the hoop is open, are very rough and can get the fabric caught.