on 20 July 2012
Beautifully-made and fits perfectly. Superb value for money. If, like me, you try to fit the adapter ring and lens hood before you've read to the end of the X100 instruction manual, do note that the X100 has a slim ring covering its filter thread, and you need to remove this before you can attach the adapter ring. (I mention this only because it's not immediately obvious unless you've read the instruction book to the end!). I found that the easiest way to remove the ring protecting the filter thread (which comes from the factory done up fairly tightly) was to press down firmly on the lens cap while unscrewing the ring: the lens cap acts as a gentle lever and prevents you getting your finger-prints all over the lens. (There is a helpful video about this on YouTube.) This really is a useful accessory: the adapter ring allows you to fit a 49mm protective filter as well as the lens hood, and you can have both fitted at the same time. As other reviewers have noted, you can't then use the original lens cap supplied with the camera. A standard plastic lens cap with central pinch-grip (as supplied on Amazon) works very well.
on 4 February 2014
I've had two hoods... on original Fuji hood for an X100 and now this JJC version for an X100s. I sold my X100 together with the hood. I kept my X100s and it's JJC hood. I couldn't tell the difference between the two of them, except that one is less than half the price of the other. It fits perfectly, it's solid. It's metal. For all intents and purposes it's exactly the same. Purchase with confidence.

While I'm on... I also sold my Fuji leather case with the X100... now I have a Toma half case and a Toma wrist strap. Again, a fraction of the price and superior product. The half case has a battery/card access hole and the strap is strong and comfortable. The Fuji case needed to be kept in two halves with the top 'bit' too big to go in a pocket and too awkward to leave on. The bottom 'bit' had to come off, straps and all, when I need to change the battery or card. That was £90. The Toma was a third of that. No contest.
on 10 January 2012
Five stars for value for money and functionality.

For reasons I won't go into, we own both the real Fuji hood and the one by JJC.
The example from JJC is almost identical.
As stated by another reviewer, the colour being the only difference between the two (this difference in colour being visible only when they are both in hand together and not really noticable when on the camera).
They are both made of aluminium alloy (not plastic) and they both fit the camera perfectly.
On the Fuji example, one of the three mounting 'fins' is in the 'top of lens' position when screwed fully home. The JJC matches the Fuji's position exactly.
The X100 camera functions perfectly with both.
At the time of writing, the price for the JJC adapter/hood is about one quarter of the Fuji one.
I would buy the JJC first. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with it, I would then buy the Fuji one and use the JJC for the 'rough stuff' where the hood may be knocked and damaged.
The JJC example is not a cheap lens hood, but the Fuji one is far more expensive and functions no better whilst in service on the camera.
on 3 December 2012
Having had three X100's up to this point a hood has always been in my bag. Having owned both this "copy" and the original Fuji hood I'd say save yourself some money for making prints and plump for the copy. Pretty much the same thing, the only real differences are that this one says JJC on it and the colour is ever so slightly darker (not noticeable unless your really looking hard).
Having the Fuji hood will make very little difference if you later think about trading the camera in.
So save some cash, get a hood to keep those beautiful images contrasty and flare free.
on 10 September 2012
I have the Fuji hood and adaptor already. I bought this one to always leave in my camera bag. The only real difference I can see between it and the fuji is that this one is ever so slightly darker in colour but you wouldn't notice it if it wasn't pointed out. It matches perfectly well. It does not feel cheap, and I do not consider it to be a compromise in any way. The build appears to be identical in all ways. It's a great product and Fuji deserves to lose out on sales of its overpriced official hood. If I had known about this product when I bought my X100, I would have bought it and not the Fuji. Functions and looks just like the Fuji. No drawbacks.
This is a lot cheaper than the Fuji equivalent but it does the job just as will. It allows you to remove the external ring on the camera. add the hood and a filter. Great price and it functions well. If you have Fujifilm X100, X100S or the new X100T I would recommend buying this.
on 13 January 2016
I have never used the original Fuji version of this adaptor ring and hood abut it is hard to see how it could be better in practice than the JJC version.

The ring screws on with a smoothness and precision that suggests it is perfectly made to fit and is a true circle. Likewise the hood fits perfectly and both look really great, nicely matching the silver of the X100T finish.

Getting a cheap 49mm pinch cap means the lens can be protected with the the ring and hood in place.

The X100T lens is a bit prone to flare and therefore this combo improves that situation as well as adding some protection to the exposed lens.

Using the adaptor ring also means that any 49mm filters can be attached, such as ND or polarisers.
on 4 February 2012
I bought this along with the Fujifilm Premium Leather Case for FinePix X100 (I know, I am a sucker!). The adaptor works fine, though the finish doesn't match the camera (being slightly darker and duller) - I can live with this. Be aware though that with the adaptor in place and a hoya UV filter, the case doesn't fully close (though is good enough). With the lens hood attached the case will not close at all. Also, with the lens hood in place your lower right view through the viewfinder will be obscured by the lens hood, and it interferes with the on camera flash, leaving a shadow across the lower right field of your picture.

Otherwise, it works, and is far cheaper than Fujifilm Lens Hood and Adapter Ring for FinePix X100.
on 9 February 2015
Bought this to use with my Fuji X100T as the cost of a Fuji unit is ridiculous. It fits the camera perfectly and looks great. It does the job and provides the shade needed to stop flare. Very professional on the camera. Good value for money.
on 17 April 2015
Having just got an X100T camera and being a DSLR person previously I wanted to get some lens protection and this seemed to be a good way to get a UV filter on to an excellent camera. The item is lightweight however feels well made. I found getting the original ring off the camera very easy and it took a moment then to screw this ring on and pop a UV filter into it. As far as I can see there is no impact at all on the quality of photos and it looks just fine on there. I think it unlikely I'll make much use of the lens hood as, while it has no impact on the images, it does affect the view through the viewfinder by intruding on it which I'd prefer not to have. I'll update this if anything occurs during use but would happily recommend this adaptor for anyone who values their X100 camera's lens.