on 5 August 2014
Part of my job is recording audio for eLearning. We have professional studio kit, but for quick recording these are the best headphones I've ever tried for recording audio - better than much more expensive headphones we've tried and even better than some high end microphones we've used. The out the box noise cancelling (which is intended for Skype) works brilliantly if you want to record narration. This is now the standard headphone set in our office.
on 16 April 2015
Very comfortable to wear, the H390 looks the business, with faux-leather earcups and a padded headband. The USB connector is rather long and tends to get knocked; not ideal when listening to music on a laptop!

The sound quality is noticeably different to Logitech's older capacitive headphones, and I had to swap back and forth between my old pair and these for a while before I was able to persuade myself that new was better. In general I would say the sound is richer and definitely has more depth, but is perhaps slightly less sharp than some older Logitech headphones.

To note: the volume control is digital rather than capacitive, which means when you use the controls you are actually changing your PC's volume. As such, it has the annoying feature that it occasionally fails to work when watching videos in a brower, necessitating changing tab or exiting the program to adjust the volume on the headset. I would imagine this is due to the fact that the controls are attempting to adjust YouTube's volume levels instead and it doesn't work. This glitch aside, however, they are excellent and I appreciate the fact that companies like Logitech continue to include inline volume controls in their products.

The microphone is decently crisp; though definitely not professional-level it does well for online gaming and Skype. To note, while the product is advertised as having a 'mute button', this is in fact a microphone mute button and not for the headphones themselves.

Despite these niggles, the H390 is an excellent-quality set of headphones for the price and they come highly recommended.

UPDATE: After nearly two years of use one of the arms has become loose as a result of the small piece of plastic that clips it onto the headband snapping away. As it's seen daily use over around 22 months I'm not overly disappointed, though it does expose a slight design flaw; the frame of the arm is quite thin, with the bulk being an inlay which forms the interior of the design. If the frame is knocked or broken, the arm no longer ratchets effectively on the headband. I'll be ordering another H390 as I've been very happy with the audio quality.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 December 2016
I had have two pairs of these for several years, one of which needed replacing (had a loose connection for the mic which I consider fair wear and tear).
Bought a replacement which worked perfectly for two days, then the power light failed to come on and the set was dead. Great customer service from Amazon allowed swift replacement, only to have the exact same thing happen with the next set. Again, swift exchange, but for a different Logitech set, with which I am very happy!
on 11 October 2016
2016-09: 5-Star
Used exclusively for Skype and streaming sound.
Some of the other Logitech headsets are not worth it. This headset is.
It's definitely a little plasticky and will likely break (like its predecessor) at the join where one extends the headband. But, the sound and noise cancellation is superb. It beat a compact Sennheisser headset I have.
This is NOT a good headset for gaming or anything where you need to stash it in a bag between uses as the chances are very high it will break. If you leave it connected, treat it well and use it hours a day, it is excellent.
The price is okay and okay for the quality. This review will be reviewed after a couple of months use.
on 11 February 2015
Great headset, I absolutely love this and works brilliantly.

The great thing with this is having the mute button on the cable with an LED indicator.

When I am on calls for work, it is so easy to mute myself in-between the kids shouting and no one would ever know.

A lot of reviews mentioned they get hot. I must admit they did when I first got them but I do not notice anything now so I can only assume you get used to it.

I where them for very long calls. I also have a Macbook Pro and it works great on there and no problems ever.

The wire is very long which is good, so when you slide away from your desk on your chair there is plenty of length there.

Overall, good product and has great sound quality, however I am not sure I would purchase them for music.
on 20 September 2017
Had this for one day, then people started complaining about 'background noise' during calls. Recorded the sound with Audacity and there is a constant -30db hum. Totally unusable, £30 wasted.
on 28 May 2012
I found these headphones really incomfortable to wear, they make my ears hot and sore. This is a real shame as they look like they would be comfortable, and in all other respects they are brilliant.

Sound quality - brilliant for VOIP calls which is what I bought them for. Acceptable for bacground music listening, and when you consider the low price
Microphone - works well, everyone hears me very clearly
Ease of use - plug the USB in and they just work
Build quality - they seem to be well made, they get thrown in my bag for frequent trips between different offices and haven't suffered at all

They are relatively unexpensive, but they don't warrent the small premium over the cheaper headsets. I think you either need to spend less or a lot more.
22 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 May 2015
Adjustable and comfortable to wear, clear audio both ways and a long lead which needs to be bundled with a little wire tie on if you tend to use a computer whilst on the phone. Just wish they'd make a folding version to slip into my laptop bag for my work from home days. But so much better than the more expensive Wifi Logitech version which had awful reception and customers complained my speech kept breaking up. This lead version is crystal clear on the audio and makes it easier to do my job - keeps my ears warm in the air-con office too!
on 16 February 2016
My recommendation is not to purchase this headset model.
Although the audio quality is good and the headset is comfortable, the H390 model does seem to be prone to faults. Shame on Logitech, I would have expected far better!
I have had 2 of these headsets:
> The first worked for ~9months before the microphone stopped working
> Now the second which I have had for approx. 8months has developed a fault whereby the headset keeps lowering the sound output from my PC to zero. Must be a cable fault because if I move the cabling, sometimes the fault goes away
I am now considering whether to buy a different Logitech model or more likely an alternative brand
on 17 July 2016
The price was ok and the headset in itself is fine. However the cable between the headphones and the volume buttons is very thin and weak and looks like it will very quickly wear out. Also the microphone doesn't seem to be recognised by the computer anymore. It was working fine but now no longer works on mac or PC, despite double checking audio settings and running tests. Unfortunately the quality is disappointing.