on 28 October 2011
The main benefit to this large and impressive screen, is just how easy it is to use. Putting up takes literally 10 seconds:

1) Twist out the 2 feet.
2) Un-click the 2 catches.
3) Open the lid.
4) Pull up to your desired height.
5) Done!

The mechanism makes pulling the screen up easy and smooth and what isn't mentioned in the description is that you can stop at any point, and the screen stays in that place, so you can adjust the height as you see fit. It's tall enough so that you can stand it on the floor, or on a table for extra height.

The first time I used it was in an industrial unit with the big strip lights on and the noon light streaming in through the windows, yet the display was bright and easy to see, so I was very pleased with that.

At the time of writing, mine is the first review of this 80 inch product, but I believe it to be the big brother of the 60 inch PCP60MM, which gets solid 5 or 4 star reviews which is what helped me decide to buy this one in the end, as I don't normally buy products with no feedback.

EDIT: I had a problem with the handle, which broke after a few uses. I contact Duronic and they immediately offered a refund or replacement without quibbling. I opted for a replacement and a new screen was sent to me within days, on a day of my choosing, and the courier collected the broken one. Altogether very good customer service!
on 19 February 2017
This is good - it just fits in a standard saloon car (as in just!). However, it is quite heavy - so if you're walking some distance with it + it's very long. I can just get it in a lift, but can be hard around staircases and if on the street you can knock people over with it if you're going around a corner! I've always put it on a table so that people can see it - but you need a chair to stand on to pull the screen up. It's very difficult to do this on the floor and then put it on a table (unless there's two of you).

The case is made of metal, there are two clasps that open the lid and then simply pull the screen upwards. There's a rear trellis type of device that holds the screen taut. You then simply lower it back into the case.

The only weakness that I've found is that both ends of the case have plastic covers (they protect the metal of the case). These seem to take the impact when trying to manouvre it in confined spaces. Probably best to tape them.

The screen opens flat and is sturdy. As I use it to give talks I just place the projector to fill the screen - the importance for me is the high luminosity of the screen as I show films / photos in a variety of rooms where sometimes I don't have a great control of the light.

A good buy and I hope is durable!
on 28 October 2011
I bought this on behalf of our local history society. We use it to view presentations & films and once for old fashion film slides.
It works extremely well and for the money is a bargain. Beware the actual size is huge and storage can be a problem but it is worth it. The whole thing unpacks and packs up with simplicity and the telescope bracing on the rear works very well. Having its own attached case is a bonus.
It would have been nice to have a mechanism so that the feet flip out automatically but hey, at this price it would be unlikely. You only forget to put them out once.
We use it in a hall and even placed towards the back of the stage, (to reduce light reflections from unmasked windows), anyone can see the large display.
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2017
Very happy with this floor projection stand. The 80" is big enough for most venues but small enough, at 182 cms long, to get into a largish (estate or SUV type) vehicle with half a back seat folded down.

In use it is simple to erect - just swivel out the feet, unclip the lid and pull up to the height you need. No locking required, it holds itself up and when you've done it just pushes down. No folds or creases in the screen either and it is a nice white colour for projection of presentations or video.

Unlike the tripod style of screen it shouldn't give you a hernia or a slip disc when erecting it!
on 9 March 2017
Very very happy with the product, I wasn't expecting delivery for quite a while due to the size, so I was very pleasantly surprised to come home from work to find it waiting for me. Only a couple of days after ordering too!

Product itself is brilliant, much easier to use than I thought it would be! You literally unbuckle the case and pull the screen up, no faffing!
on 17 March 2017
This is a first class product. The screen is so easy to set up ( takes 5 seconds) and the quality of the projection is superb.Saturday nights will never be the same again. Just press play on your projector and its like being in the cinema. Great for parties with friends orjust chilaxing. Thanks Duronic
on 19 March 2014
An excellent product chosen to replace a very cumbersome and elderly tripod screen for our local Historical Society. Very easy to raise to the height required - virtually only fingertip effort needed - and reasonably light enough for one person to move within the hall where we meet. It's pretty large, and therefore gives a good picture which is easily viewable at the back of the hall. Very highly recommended.
on 18 May 2017
Used at Gardening Club for first time last night. Everyone was impressed with how easily it operated. Although its 100" and quite heavy, one person could carry it easily as the handle is well balanced. We didn't have any chemical smells which some people reported. Very nice item Duronic !
on 7 March 2016
Really easy to use and great value. The display is brighter and sharper than the ancient slide projector screen that we were using before. The only problem is that it really stinks, as mentioned by other reviewers.
on 9 April 2017
Delivered when promised.

Very easy to use and can be set up and taken down very quickly. Relatively large screen but fits in my mini using the "sky slot in the centre of the back seats."