Customer reviews

on 9 August 2015
At long last Slow Traffic to the Right and Moonscapes are available on CD. Two exquisite lost and forgotten jazz funk fusion albums I have owned on vinyl for over 30 years. Bennie Maupin Headhunter is and always will be my favourite reed player bar none. Music of this high calibre is not made anymore. Please I urge you to buy this disc disappointment is not an option.
on 8 October 2011
After years of loving these two albums Vocalion have finally managed to get them released. Even though I seem to know every twist and turn of these wonderful jazz funk tunes they still delight me. I first encountered Water Torture on a Verve jazz funk compliation and often wondered if the original album could be as good. It is..and then some. The standout track on Slow Traffic for me is You Know The Deal, an amazing slow burner with some incredible prowling bass playing from the genius that is Ralphe Armstrong. The personnel on these albums reads like a go-to list for funky 1970s session players, I can just imagine the looks these guys gave each other across the studio as they belted out these tunes!
If you liked "Anthology" by Eddie Henderson then get this.....don't sleep!
on 6 April 2015
Excellent
on 8 September 2011
Excellent product great lineup,I would reccommend this cd to any jazz lover.Give it a listen...Top Musicians at their best..If in doubt try it out.