Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 4 January 2014
Take my review of the JVC HA-FX1X's, times it by 10, give the mid range more transparency, the treble more openness, clarity and breathing room with less harshness, and make the subs sound deeper, more dynamic, punchy and MUSICAL, without any bass overpowering the music, and you literally have the sound of a £80 pair of in ear isolating earphones for £15! best pair of in ears for under £50-60 as far as I'm concerned! :-)
on 13 May 2013
I ordered the JVC HAFX1X and the seller sent me these instead. Which is fair enough, because these are more expensive and presumably better. The sound quality is amazing compared to any other earphones I have ever owned. Even for £36 it's still worth the money (I only paid £11). Just make sure you burn them in before using them, as the quality is initially pathetic. I left them constantly playing for an hour or so, after that they sounded great. I use an equalizer to help bring out the bass a bit more, but that's just personal preference really.
on 20 January 2015
I bought these FX3X headphones for 13.99 from "A to Z Sales". Please avoid buying from them.
Sound the headphones produce is loud but of low quality. I realized after a long while that these HA-FX3X Headphone were fakes. I compared the HA-FX3X "fakes" to a pair of HA-FX1X I purchased from Argos. There was massive in the quality of sound/bass and difference in even the material used to construct the heads, for example the cord of HA-FX3X "fakes" were more stiff so the head phones would constantly fall out and eventually break they were made sum low quality . HA-FX1X I got from Argos is really good, the cord is made of better material, its more flexible and tough. The Sound is really good, I have had them for about 5 months and used them for about 15 hours each day, they still seem new and they are tough.
on 30 June 2014
I just bought them and i am currently listening to them.. Specifically as am a previous owner of the Fx1x i can tell you (even though it s too soon to judge) that they sound better. The mids and the highs are more clear although some times are a bit harder than i would like them. I believe that after few burn in hours they will be softer..Apart from the sound i found that the included tips are better that the previous because they provide more grip instead of the flossy interface of the fx1x. Moreover the build quality is a little questionable. I think the cable is a little thinner than the previous however the buds feel more premium due to the aluminum which is the reason of the better sound quality.
The bass is still outstanding and enough to blow your mind away.
Final words: Worth every penny but you have to take care them as from my previous one the cable was detached from the 3,5 mm and time by time the cable was cut so take care of them, pay more attention to the bottom part than the buds it selves.
on 13 September 2013
These earphones are amazing, build quality is great, they feel solid, solid enough that you could probably tread on them and they wouldn't break.

Sound quality, is out of this world. The level of bass that JVC manage to get from such a small driver is amazing.
on 24 March 2016
Got these in 2014, and these bad boys have been used, abused and overused since then. I don't EVER leave the house without them, I bundle them into my pocket anyhow, and when i do keep it in my bag, they are just dumped in. I never use an earphone pouch - AND THEY ARE STILL IN GREAT CONDITION. The wires haven't broken (which is more than i can say for any flat wire earphones i have ever owned), the sound still sounds great, and the earphones themselves still look great. I bought these at 17.99 quid 2 years ago and now they are selling for 34.14. That alone is a testament to HOW GREAT THESE BAD BOYS ARE. The seller realized what a gem he's selling. I never rate anything 5 stars but these are truly worth every star. The bass is well refined, mids are clear but not overpowered, and highs are well balanced. With a bit of EQ-ing, you can get most any kind of sound you want from these. These are by far the best earphones under 50 quid, and I dare say that they would hold their own against the much more expensive offerings above 100 quid.
on 7 May 2014
I absolutely love the sound produced by these earphones, but this is the second instance in which headphones are broken just under a month. I do not use them very often and take good care of my stuff. So in simple words the build quality is terrible.
on 20 September 2013
Bought these to replace my HA-FX1X. Just as good if not maybe better sound.. with better build quality. Recommended if you are looking for earphones around this price.
on 4 January 2014
These are the best pair of headphones I ever owned, most of them are really cheap products, so I decided to get something professional.
I really like the noise isolation feature, not perfect but better than what I already have. Alone, the headphones filter about half of the outside sounds, if I play something, even at low volume, almost all outside sounds get filtered.
I was also surprised about the bass level. I don't have to adjust the bass level on the player, the headphones already deliver enough bass.
I have one little issues regarding these headphones - the lack of a cable clip; so far they don't try to escape my ears, but I wander if it will be the same when I use them while running.

If you like bass driven sounds, I recommend this.
on 15 February 2014
I bought these to listen to EDM etc. while out walking/cycling and for that type of music they're ideal. Unfortunately there's a few caveats, you will need a music player with an equaliser or the bass will completely overtake everything and it ends up getting too boomy. They also need burning in for quite a while as they sound awful straight out of the box.

I tried them initially on a Sansa Clip mp3 player with and without a headphone amp and with due to the lack of EQ on the mp3 player they sounded terrible, I then tried them using Poweramp (Android) on my phone and fiddled with the EQ a bit and they sound much, much better.

The sound isolation was good using the largest ear tips and they didn't fall out, they are fairly uncomfortable if worn for extended periods of time though.

A final minor annoyance is the cable sleeve at the headphone end has a large gap between it and the cable so it offers no protection whatsoever.

If you want a decent budget pair of earphones, get the Soundmagic E10's instead, they consistently perform well over all types of music with or without EQ.

See one answered question