Customer reviews

Atlantic Children (Part 2)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.23

on 28 February 2011
I was keen to read part two, having read part one in a matter of days. This time we see Juliet and her family enjoying time in the Caribbean, exploring new places, new cultures and customs and island hopping in blue water surroundings. This book also focusses on friendships made on this "Gap year out" both with adults and children. It seems as though terrific bonds are formed between those who have crossed the Atlantic in the ARC rally and she describes with fondness the characters and personalities they meet on their journey. It really does whet your appetite to take time out and explore the world. Juliet's writing style is very easy to digest and the chapters are short so you can pick it up and put it down very easily. I would have liked another chapter or so on how they slotted back into normal life having been away for 13 months and possibly some photographs of their time away. I would highly recommend this book, I think it would appeal to both sailors and non sailors. If you've read part one you must read part two!!
on 28 February 2011
I loved the first book and was eager for the second book to arrive. It arrived just in time for Christmas and my wife was kind enough to buy it for me. I was not disappointed at all. This book continues the original story and finds Keoma in the Caribbean. It details the family's life on board hopping around the Caribbean before heading back to the UK via the Azores. The book reads exceptionally well with Juliet Dearlove being a great writer. I'm actually quite sad that they're all now back in the UK and there wont be an Atlantic Children Part 3!!

Thoroughly recommeded!