on 6 October 2011
This book, shows how Hetty (Sapphire) can be sad, angry, happy and excited. I thought that parts of the book was really sad, which I didn't really expect. If you wanted to buy this, but haven't read Hetty Feather, I don't really think it matters, as it describes bits of her past etc. I thought that the book was just the right lenght. Compared to some of the other reviews, I don't mind waiting for the third book, as I think it will be worth the wait. I loved Hetty Feather and I love this. Even if you aren't an avid Jacqueline Wilson fan, like I am you should still love and enjoy this book. Overall this was a great read, and I would recommend it to about 9-13 year olds.Can't wait for the next one!! :)
on 11 October 2011
I really liked the first Hetty Feather book so I just HAD to buy this, and let's just say I defo didn't waste my money! This book is amazing! The storyline is very well written and the cover is beautiful! The only thing is when you take of the amazingly decorated dust cover there is a rather dull cover underneath, no pictures or anything , but that is seriously the only flaw. The story had me hooked, I finished it in a day, despite the fact that it's a fairly big book. If you like Jacqueline Wilson etc, I reccomend you buy this phenominal book!
on 27 January 2013
Bought this for my daughter who is a big fan of Jaccqueline Wilson along with the other 2 books in the set. She loves them has read them over and over,brilliant!!
on 10 March 2015
This story is so touching the fact that she had lost her mother and is now wanting to search for her father is so inspirational to everyone. Her temper is as red as her hair and she was known for that at the founding hospital were the had treated Hetty with rough punishments when she disobeyed the rules. She had one true friend at the hospital, Poppy, unfortunately she was adopted and Hetty never saw her again. She also longs to see her foster brothers Jen and Gideon once more. The next story in the trilogy Hetty is trying to find her father.
on 7 September 2013
In this thrilling sequel of Hetty Feather, follow the twist and turns of her time and how she attempts to find a new life. This book is adventurous, moving and Hetty is just amazing. I purely loved Hetty. She is my fave Jacky Wilson character alongside the many others.

If you have not yet gripped enough info, please take a look at this extract:

My name is Sapphire Battersea. Doesn't that sound beautiful? I write it over and over again on the covers on this private notebook. I stitch a secret S.B. inside the neck of my uniform. I stir a swirly S.B. into the soup when I am helping the cook. I scrub a soapy S.B. when I am cleaning the floor. I whisper my own name at night in the freezing dormitory, and my breath rises and forms the letters in the dark. I am Sapphire Battersea,but no one ever calls me by my real name, not even my dear mother.
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
My eight year old daughter is a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson, which is probably true of most eight year old daughters, given Wilson's popularity at the current moment. Sapphire Battersea is the second in a new departure for Wilson. Best known for writing fairly gritty modern day dramas, Wilson has now turned her attention to the historical novel, with a trilogy of books about a young girl called Hetty Feather. Sapphire Battersea is the second book in the series, and this is the unabridged audio book. My daughter found it a little confusing at first. She had not read Hetty Feather, but she listened to it all the way through. Then we had a chat about some of the things she struggled with (i.e. details about the historical period), then she listened to it again and loved it. Then she got Hetty Feather out of the library and listened to that. She is now listening to Sapphire Battersea again and is pestering me as to when the next and final book in the series will come out. I would say therefore that it is a resounding success, although be prepared, as in many of Wilson's tales, for woe. Both books in this series made my daughter cry vast amounts, but in a good way, so she tells me.
on 12 November 2011
The book was great and I really enjoyed it.It is a fine sequel to Hetty Feather [and there is still one more in the series to come!].It is yet another of the amazing Jacqueline Wilson's work.The book was very exciting and I could not put it down. I recommend it to any 8 to 13 year old.You can enjoy this book even if you have not read Hetty Feather. I look forward to the next one. Samantha.
on 29 June 2014
My daughter (aged 9) says this was 'VERY emotional' and that I should probably read it (perhaps when I have a spare evening!) My daughter really likes books by this author and again her friends all read these too! I think there are 4 of these books that follow on from each other-we have them all!
on 26 February 2014
I chose this book as I was really into Jacqueline Wilson. Because I'm older know (I was 10-11 then) I have lost interest in her books. But I still enjoy reading this one along with cookie. Jacqueline's books are all generally the same, but there is something about this book i love. Possibly it is the Victorian layout as I love history. I am giving this a four though, as I found it enjoyable but long at times. I think that children ten to eleven would enjoy this book. Even though it is a good book I think I will stick to Stephen king!
on 9 October 2011
I was soooo excited when i found out that there was a new sequel to Hetty Feather <3 i read it in two days and got in trouble for not concentrating in class but it was WORTH IT !! i loved it but i almost cried when i found out i had to wait, like, a year for the next one :( i guess i'll just have re-read some other random book on my shelf... i loved it- i just hope the next one is just as good as the last two - no pressure ;)anyway, i loved it i think ive said that before...) and you should soooo read it !!