Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 November 2011
This cd is very good and the music is mixed and would appeal to all ages.
some of the songs have been rearranged to suit his voice and when this is done on some songs it detracts from the original but not in this case.
on 3 February 2014
I'm more likely to listen to classical music, but the sheer talent of this lad makes the CD something I come back to again and again.

And the apparent delight he takes in singing.

The first time I listened, I found the songs over full of noise and rhythm, and samey.. but now, I wonder how I ever thought that. Many of the lyrics are profound.

But most of all, buy it for the musical talent. His ability to turn words into three dimensional sculptures, vs two dimensional paintings on a wall is stunning.
on 6 December 2011
Whatever you think of shows such as "X-factor" or "Britain's Got Talent", and the performers that are given a stage, you have to admit that Ronan Parke, first seen on "BGT", has an incredible voice. This voice is fully displayed in the songs, each one a contemporary classic, in outstanding performances, regardless of the fact that Ronan is just 13 years old.
on 8 February 2014
"FEELING GOOD" SHOCKED THE AUDIENCES THAT YEAR WHEN WE FOUND IT CAME OUT ON RONAN, AND HIS LOVELY STYLE AND BEAUTIFUL VOICE LED TO A NOT-SO- GREAT ALBUM, HOWEVER, IT'S NOT THE KID'S FAULT, THINKING ABOUT CONNIE'S FIRST ALBUM, THIS ALBUM IS STILL WORTH LISTENING TO.
on 24 September 2013
I love his rendition of Feeling Good - stunning holding on to the last word (great pair of lungs and ability!). He is an extremely talented young man, with a wonderful voice.

Other tracks are also great, such as Fix You, You Gotta Be, Stronger than I am and Songbird (every bit as wonderful as Feeling Good. I prefer Ronan Parke's version to Eva Cassidy).

Buy it if you liked him on the TV talent show!
on 20 December 2011
Ronan, if this is your first effort of a CD well I can't wait till the next. Your voice hasn't lost any of its quality in the studio and you belt out fantastic songs. Songbird and Fix It are my favourites but have a soft spot for Feeling Good because of Britain's Got Talent. You are a young man Ronan and have a long and I am sure very secure future ahead of you. I am a fan and will follow your progress. Well done and keep up the fantastic quality singing. Love ya xx
on 4 December 2013
This is a superb album - some of the songs really get stuck in the brain. I'm sure this young man is going to mature and develop into a great star. I can't wait for his next album.
OMG I've turned into a ronanator!
on 1 June 2012
Stunning vocals from Ronan on this, his first, album. Some tracks as good as his amazing live performances on BGT. However, I feel they could have provided some better arrangements on some of them, hence the 4 rather than 5 star rating. A gem nonetheless, probably capturing the last moments of his talented soprano voice. Let's hope he finds equally skillful management in the hazardous musical career he's embarked on. Early signs are that he will be able to keep his feet on the ground, whilst delighting a new global following, providing his voice keeps developing.
on 12 December 2011
In my CD collection of modern music, I only have few albums, where I occasionally skip one specific track, because I don't like it that much. Ronan Parkes CD is definitely among my favourites, if not perhaps even THE favourite.
Ronan is a very sympathetic and wonderfully talented 13-year old boy. His interpretation of the songs in play-list are a perfect treat for everybody who likes this kind of music, of course. He really becomes a part of the songs and brings emotions across in an unexpected intensity. His language clearly seems to be the music. Ronans articulation of the lyrics is remarkable, you hardly need to read the lyrics in the booklet in order to understand everything.
It's amazing in what short production-periode this CD has been produced. Considering that, I think the result is stunning. To be fair, it has to be said that everything else, but Ronan and the guitarist in the acoustic songs is of good average quality, the instrumental part is not ground-breaking, but I gather this never was the intension. So you may say that it really is Ronans CD, his achievement is simply exceptional.
The play-list consists of 10 wonderful covers, of which I would especially like to point out "Fix you" which is originally a song written by Coldplay. I personally adore the original version a lot, but Ronans cover - I believe it's just meant to be performed like that.
Two covers are acoustic songs, I wished there were a couple more. They are very unique, a pleasure to listen to. They come across pretty untampered with and reflect perfectly the high skills he and his guitarist have.
Two songs are actually written for this album. Here I would like to point out Gary Barlows "Stronger than I am", a great song, an other gem on this album.

If you love an unspoiled voice of an outstandingly talented boy. And if you love this kind of modern music, Pop-music I should say - this is the perfect CD for you! I recommend it completely.
on 17 April 2013
Was looking for the CD by Jai McDowall the actual winner of BGT 2011 and Amazon suggested this little guy. Suffice to say I ditched Jai's offering in favour of Ronan's. He's set the bar very high for himself. Love it.