Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 5 August 2011
A very good book in the series. I read it on holiday, as it was an easy and relaxing read! I would only say something bad about it was that it was very predictable( I have found this in all of the books I have read of hers). I did enjoy it alot though, I think the characters were chosen well for the set storyline, I also like how she writes alot including feelings of the people.

If you like a short and fun read, this one's for you (:
Enjoy!
on 4 January 2013
I know I'm supposed to be Jacky's number 1 fan but Cathy Hopkins' Million Dollar Mates books are soooo good! I got the first three books for my birthday a few years ago. I read them all within one week.
Basically, Jess Hall lives near to an apartment which houses celebrities from all over the world. When pop diva diva Tanisha moves into Porchester Park, Jess is starstruck. When she finds out that Tanisha is holding a fasion contest, Jess' mates, Pia, Meg and celeb's daughter Alisha Lewis(sister of Jess' crush)push Jess and Flo into trying it out. Will Jess or Flo win the conest and can Jess beat a figure from the past?
Great book, but it helps if you read the first two books as the book carries on from previous stories.
11/10!
on 29 January 2013
I abseloutly love the Million Dollar Mates series and I can't wait to start reading Golden Girls (book 4). Like the other two books this one was really good and I couldn't help but keep picking it up! The book was just as good as the other two in the series so if you enjoyed them try this! I would reccomend this to girls aged 12-15!
on 10 June 2012
I am a huge fan of some of her other series so had real expectations with this. From other reviews I got the idea of what appeared to be an in depth story, however I actually found it boring.

Most of the characters seemed driven by money, it felt like they were in a world were money is everything and it was all 'oh let's go to our rich friends house and go in her deluxe swimming pool tomorrow' (not an actual quote, but my interpretation!). I've read stories with characters like this before and enjoyed them but other characters have had a real mix of good and bad to their personalities, these characters however just seemed obsessed with their appearance and had no real depth, especially Jess who we seemed to get a long physical description of. There was also all this drama about 'guys' which seemed to dominate far too much of the book and of course there are typically two (both dream boats of course, destined to cause 'drama' to Jess' life). I actually found myself warming to the 'bad girl' character of the book instead as she seemed to be much more interesting.

The story line was okay but lacked the depth I was expecting, I think more details should have been given about Jess and the loss of her mum which to me felt 'brushed over' and was never fully explained. No characters seemed to develop and there certainly weren't any complexed messages to take away from the book.

It wasn't all bad by any means, the story was still interesting enough to keep me reading and it was mostly what I was expecting excluding lack of depth. I think this would be a good summer read but this won't be a series I will continue with.
on 4 January 2013
it was super cool and I really enjoyed reading it couldn't put it down at all can't wait till I get the next book in the series
on 6 August 2013
I love the point of the book that you are beautiful in your own way. I also love the end! Best Cathy Hopkins I've read so far!
on 24 October 2013
Another one of the same series; again excellent read, couldn't put this one down either. Read the whole series of five books.
on 8 September 2013
Good book very interesting and teaches a lot of morals and values and we should all try to learn a lesson from this book
on 26 April 2013
This book is very enjoyable and I recommend it !! Can't wait to read Golden Girl!:) I enjoy reading Cathy Hopkins books
on 20 January 2015
Hi mum
This book I amazing as usual by Cathy Hopkins great read
Next one will be great. Get it now!