on 16 January 2013
These are a live-saver for me ... if I didn't have these, I wouldn't leave the house in these icy conditions!

Can't praise them enough. Perfect for wandering round the shops with frost/ice under-foot. They stay put extremely well (I don't see how they can fall off) and are easy to take off within a few seconds and pop into the pouch. You can also walk on pavements/tiled floors, etc. without them feeling in the slightest bit uncomfortable.

The grip is good and I can walk in confidence in icy conditions when I'm normally terrified of slipping. Do bear in mind though that they are not made to walk in snow, just frost/ice.

They are reversible, so you get double the wear out of them.

Why has no-one come up with this idea before? I've been looking for an alternative to "spikes" and "studs" for ages so I can walk on all surfaces and at last I've found these!
on 25 January 2015
These are marvellous for your confidence apart from the fact they are a little on the small side and I keep watching to make sure they are coming off but overall a great invention!
on 11 December 2012
after a really bad fall i got these, fantastic product would recommend these for any one .easy to use.and dont have to take them off when in shops.
on 12 March 2013
These look good and are easy to put on shoes, but I bought a size that should have easily been right for my shoe size and despite careful securing, one came off on first wearing between car and shop in mall and I was totally unaware that this has happened. Worse, I could not find it to try again.
on 12 January 2014
Just tried these out on a morning with a heavy frost and some ice and was able to walk with confidence. Also I was able to walk comfortably around the supermarket with them still on. They probably are not as easy to fit as some other types I've tried as they are flat and not particularly shaped to the sole of the shoe although once on they stayed in place and showed no sign of coming off. I used them on my size 9 shoes which have a wide fitting with a thick sole. The grippy bit is like really heavy duty sand paper and is made of a ceramic material. I don't think you could drive in them.
on 23 January 2013
I bought these as an alternative to ice spikes. The spikes certainly work but I was looking for something that I could walk into shops with. I tried the sandy grippers for the first time today and I can honestly say I don't have much confidence in them - I almost slipped three times on ice and I walked less than a mile. I read the brief instructions that came with them and cannot see what I could be doing wrong. Oh well...nice idea though.
on 11 December 2012
These are an excellent product, I wear size 10 runners and bought the Large size. I walked 4 miles this morning at 4 mph pace on slippy mixed surfaces, concrete, Tarmac and country lane and these grippers did the job perfectly. I don't know why other reviewers said they fall off their shoes.
on 22 February 2013
They are great on slippery surfaces and you don't have to take them off when you go indoors as you can walk normally in them which is brilliant. Slip these over your shoes before you put your shoes on the first few times you wear them as they're very tight to start with. They stretched slightly after a few days so they were much easier to put on. All in all a good purchase.
on 28 March 2013
I Haven't had the opportunity to wear them but I am sure that they will live up to their name.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 January 2013
I prefer these to my previous set of ice grippers - they're much more comfortable to walk in, and they do seem to stop you slipping about, I'd recommend them.

See one answered question