Format: DVD|Change

on 8 May 2017
brill worth every penny I could watch it time and time again pity they didn't make any more like it
on 15 June 2017
Probably good , but not for me
on 25 May 2017
Brilliant series.
on 1 June 2017
loved the series over all and love this one too
on 6 October 2015
Bought as a birthday gift for someone else but I wholeheartedly agree with the choice
on 11 April 2017
Proppa good worth every penny
on 30 August 2014
Great pressie
on 19 September 2011
I got into Torchwood very late. Having see a couple of episodes from series 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them, I went and bought the boxed set of series 1, 2 and 3. Despite having had huge viewing figures for Children Of Earth, I far preferred the first two series with their self contained episodes and because of that I was a little less excited by Children of Earth. A bit of a downhill dip, but I could see that others might not think so. Fair play. Then, along comes Miracle Day.

Not quite a complete disaster, but close to it. I saw the episode of Torchwood Confidential where RTD said "We had to blow up the Torchwood hub" Really Russell? Did you REALLY??? So let's examine that idea shall we? You decided it was a good idea to take the hub of a story, a special place where we were told there was a rift in time and space, creating all kinds of amazing incidents, then blow it to bits. You took a story about defending the earth from aliens, then didn't put an alien in the entire series? What a load of tosh! Talk about overstepping the "We need a new formula line" Has it not ocurred to those involved in production that people LIKE the formula, that's why we watch! This is a case of taking your favorite formula for raspberry ripple ice cream and making it with a new formula where you think it's cute to take all the rasberries out and introduce a formula where you substitute it for Beef and Mashed Potatoe. Sure, I like beef & mash, but IT THOUGHT I WAS BUYING RASPBERRY RIPPLE!!!

Slow, over padded (The story could have EASILY been told in five episodes, not ten), entirely pointless "sex scenes" which didn't enhance the plot an inch, Poorly acted by the Americans, hammed up in far too many scenes. Have I gone on enough?

I think I watched this series because I wanted it to be as good as 1 and 2. I wanted it to take me back to the things that I had come to enjoy in the first two series. But just like many broken relationships, if Children of Earth was like realising that you and your partner really didn't have much in common any more and deciding taking a break, then Miracle Day was getting back together because you remembered the good times, only to discover that the break up was really the best thing you could have done.

Thanks for the memories RTD. It's not you, it's me. .......Nope... actually, it's most certainly YOU.
55 Comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2011
Let me start off by saying I love Torchwood. It has always been brilliant and it got better with every series (Series 2 is my personal favourite though). The americanisation of this fourth series has seen its fair share of ups and downs. There were many things to enjoy in this series, but the problem is it was let down by a very slow moving story which was all the time giving us questions and never any answers, I mean you don't even find out the who, what, why and how until the last 2 episodes, when they should have been revealed about half way in. Another problem is that Torchwood is a sci-fi show about a team of people who fight aliens, yet there was no aliens to be seen the entire series, plus the fact there wasn't even a clear strong protagonist for our team to fight. The best episode of the series is the 7th, called 'Immortal Sins'. It focuses heavily on Captain Jack and gives us more insight into his past while at the same time presenting us with a real, believable love between two characters that reminded me of the series 1 episode 'Captain Jack Harkness' and let me tell you that both these episodes broke my heart. One brilliant episode is not enough to make up for the averageness that was the rest of the series, with episodes 2 and 3 being outright filler in my eyes. I do hope another series gets made because in the end it is Torchwood and I do love it, plus the last episode sets some seeds for another series. Overall, it's a good series, not the best, you'll enjoy it, but just know it moves quite slowly.
66 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2014
this has gone all USA with everything you liked about the quirky torchwood gone. the acting is appaulling and it was such a let down and waste of money.

it dragged on and on and really could have been 2 disks rather than 4.