on 9 September 2013
I’ve always been reluctant to use these type products as every time I purchase shoes (and we’re not talking cheap shoes), they try to sell you some spray-on protection or other.
Then I purchased some ‘vans’, which are suede and look very comfortable and casual. A friend had some and they recently got caught in heavy rain, and afterwards they looked dreadful, so I decided to try waterproofing them. I’ve never liked the idea of the sprays due to past experience when a spray used many years ago slightly changed the colour of the shoes they were applied to.
Having read reviews on so many different types, I plumped for this one, and I have to say, it is so impressive, I’m ordering more. I’ve also recommended it to friends who asked how my ‘van’s have looked so new and dry after being caught in a heavy downpour.
Yes, it does seem a bit much having to apply three coats to the shoes, which means a can of spray doesn’t go that far, but that said, it does work, and it doesn’t change the colour of the shoes.
Impressive, effective and let’s one go about one’s business with one less worry should you be unfortunate enough to get caught in the rain.
on 31 October 2014
Apply all 3 coats as directed, letting each coat dry and it will do wonders, mud and grass stains wiped off a pair of cream soil shoes treated with this product.
if you have delicate, precious shoes, I can't recommend it enough.

It does not darken the colour of the shoe, on suede, nubuck, silk or canvas although when you spray it does darken until it dries.
on 19 June 2013
Sprayed satin shoes for son's wedding and although no rain on the day, survived walking in grass and not a mark on the shoes. Also sprayed three year old granddaughters ivory satin shoes and they look as good as new. Gave the shoes four coats for extra protection. Shoes as good a new.
on 22 February 2013
I would recommend this to anyone who las leather boots that they want to take care of! bought this along with some dubbin for my dublin river boots. they come up lovely and have stayed waterproof for over a year now
on 12 March 2013
Best water repellant that I have ever used which is why I ordered on Amazon - my local cobblers stopped stocking it as it had become expensive. I tried the cheaper brand he recommended - wet feet. As I am out in all weathers at all times I needed the best, this is it, but it is expensive unfortunately.
on 17 October 2015
This is as excellent product as it's suitable for all types both smooth leather and suede. I always make a habit of spraying anything new before wearing so this is ideal as its dries without leaving marks unlike another product I purchased which ran all over and left white patches. Highly recommend this.
on 17 January 2013
Great spray to protect your leather boots or shoes use all the time. A really good make would recommend to everyone.
on 10 December 2012
Arrived in good time and inluded extra 33% as shown on pic. Did not darken leather and good coverage. Recommended
on 25 April 2013
I used this on my suede shoes and found it very affective,very pleased with the product and would use it again.
Can't comment on the effectiveness, however thought it might help some to know that it doesn't leave any visible residue or distort the colour of your suede. I used it on a brand new pair of dark blue suede shoes and applied 4 coats, half an hour apart. No difference to the shoes or any blemishes left by the Woly Protector.

******Edit*****

Well the inevitable happened and whilst out one evening, a friend spilt a glass of Diet Coke over my Ralph Lauren canvas shoes and it just ran off, well beaded off really and didn't leave a mark. So excellent protection and well pleased.