on 9 October 2013
About time Amazon made it clear that You MUST have Internet access to install this DRM infected dog turd of a game. You MUSTactivate the game over the net then you MUST update the launcher after that you MUST install UPLAY after that I gave up.
At heart, this is a traditional platforms and ladders game, spiced up with some arcade action and some Tomb Raider-ish puzzles (dragging blocks, calculating trajectories of thrown objects and using see-saws etc.)

It's obviously aimed at the younger player, as there's no gore and no-one ever gets killed - people thrown over a cliff are seen rubbing their heads whilst stars swirl around them all accompanied by tweet-tweet sounds. Also, the difficulty level rarely rises above the easy to moderate. With the exception of a couple of the sword-fighting scenarios, which I had to repeat a couple of times before I could progress, I sailed through this fairly linear adventure after 7 hours, 41 minutes of elapsed gameplay.

Doesn't sound that exciting does it? But, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! The graphics are extremely attractive and capture the look and feel of the movie very well and some of Tintin's special stealth moves are laugh-out-loud funny - just loved his stiff-legged gait when he dons the suit of armour! Amongst the arcade sequences, the motorbike was probably the best, but the airplane, running and swimming scenarios were also a lot of fun.

This is pure, escapist fun which, if you are a Tintin fan, is well worth buying. A shame though that it was all over so quickly.
on 4 January 2012
My 6 and 7 year old sons have played this game together (one using the space bar, the other commanding the arrows) and they love it. Now they are replaying it in turns. They have great fun throwing bottles at thieves and watching them seeing stars in a fun comics style. I run this game on a Q6600 intel cpu with a nvidia gt520 graphics card with all details and 1080p. I really don't understand the criticism posted by some players here if a 6 year old can play through this game in about 6 hours. If you like Tintin, you'll love this game!
on 19 February 2014
I have been playing the game during this afternoon. It is now early evening and I decided to play again, but the game will not start, let alone play because "Failed to connect to Uplay". My machine has been on for most of the day with a constant connection to the Internet, and was not turned off once. But I am now suddenly unable to play my game that I spent my money on and have completely installed on my computer.

I am able to browse Uplay website and look around the internet, while trying to start my game. I can have the Uplay website up and then attempt to start my game only to see the little square sign "UbisoftGameLauncher" with the phrase failed connection pop up over the top - how can I both browse their website and not be able to connect to play the game!

Yes buy the game and install it, but do NOT expect to be able to play when you want.
on 29 December 2011
Unfortunately , my computer not powerful enough for this game -- video card not up to it , so unable to give a proper review ---however , service on purchasing up to the usual high standard.----I.ve given five stars because i have to give something and i am sure it will be that good if and when i can play it.
on 25 November 2011
Ubisoft usually puts out a good product, but i quit them with SS5 because of the paranoia with the game being pirated. Chill!
I did go back and buy Tin Tin and find it a very awkward game. So this is the DEFINITE last buy from them now. So long Ubisoft. Will you notice me not being among your buyers in the future?
on 16 December 2011
Bought this game for my son who was very keen on Tin Tin adventures. Unfortunately what Amazon or it seller fails to disclose is that the game is not compatible on a lap top. I installed said game to find that my lap top does not support the graphics-one very disappointed little boy. I contacted UBISOFT tech dept to ask if they could assist me load the game via the telephone and then was politely told the sad news.Then I contacted my local computer shop to ask if they could do anything-they said that I would need a very expensive lap top to install this game as this is what the graphics require.
My son would not part with the game as I wanted to return it to Amazon with a complaint-he is hoping that one day I will buy the expensive 3k laptop!! So it now sits on my shelf collecting dust...
So be aware- check your computer compatibility and ask the seller for more details and system requirements. :(
on 28 October 2014
I HAVE JUST REALIZED THAT THE GAME HAS HIGHER SPECS THAN MY PC. I WANT TO CHANGE FOR A PS3 GAME EVEN IF I HAVE TO TOP UP.
on 11 May 2012
My 6 year old loved this. A changer from the usual shoot em ups he likes.... It is a game he will happily play for hours.
on 2 May 2013
my son wanted this and it was very cheap under £4 quick delivery i would recommend to buying this for the price