TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 April 2015
This is the third book in the Diana Rivers series but can easily be read as a stand alone though I think you will be intrigued and want to read them all.

I really am becoming a big fan of Faith Mortimer's book's. I love her style of writing, I know i've mentioned it in reviews on her other book's but she really is the modern day Agatha Christie.

I know without a doubt that when I pick up one of her book's I won't be disappointed.

This book had me gripped from the start, Diana herself is very much in the background of this story and only really comes into it near the end. The story focuses on Libby a nurse who is experiencing some weird going on's and doesn't feel like everything is as it seems in her current relationship. Due to circumstances she becomes friendly with Robert a helicopter pilot who is Diana's cousin. She turns to Robert to try and make sense of what is happening in her life. Not only are things not right in Libby's life but she is also having to be careful as someone is going around killing and attacking nurses.

Like the other two books before this one, I could not put it down and ended up staying up well past my usual bedtime so I could finish it.

Looking forward to seeing where Faith will take us with the next book. Cannot recommend highly enough.
It is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. I was a bit frustrated with Libby at times! Surely if you lost your memory you wouldn't be that trusting of people, including a bloke who says he is your fiancé! Recommended to those who love a good psychological thriller.
on 20 August 2012
An attacker targeting nurses, and a nurse with 2 mysterious men in her life - how will it end?

I really enjoyed this book, I didn't guess who had done it, and my only problem with it was that I had to go to work and do errands which stopped me being able to read it as quickly as I liked!! A nicely paced book, with plenty of short chapters that kept you wanting to read more, and also plenty of twists that kept you thinking. Can't wait to read more by this author.
on 22 November 2012
I see this book is listed as a psychological thriller. I was not thrilled! I had expected it to be a medical thriller along the lines of Ken McClure books. It definitely wasn't. Apart from the main characters being nurses and doctors at Southampton hospital and a link to the crime, but not sufficient to make it a medical crime novel. (to say anything about the crime would be too revealing)
The story has been told in other reviews, so I'll just add that the whole book was totally predictable from the day of the boating accident when Libby had temporary amnesia - played on by new boyfriend -the surgeon Nigel, to the final page. Then there is the handsome helicopter pilot who is drawn to Libby, and she to him.
I read about 2/3 of the book -felt it was just so easy to foretell the outcome, so skipped to about 5 or 6 chapters from the end and sure enough, it came out exactly as I'd thought. A total disappointment.
It was a love story more than a thriller and such an obvious one.
I wouldn't bother with another from this author and agree with other 1 and 2 star reviews.
on 15 March 2012
i have read the previous 2 books in this series, and must say that this one which is the third in the Diana Rivers series is probably the best yet. Some fantastic characters have been added and i do hope that they will stay and there are many more to follow. I had no idea who the perp was until it was divulged, this book certainly gripped me from the start to the end. More to follow please Faith.
on 20 May 2012
This is the first novel I have read by Faith Mortimer, but it certainly wont be the last! It was well written, and the plot was excellent. The events that happened to Libby, (a nurse at the local hospital), the main character in the book, could have happened to anyone, and so made it very believeable.

After waking up in hospital after a sailing accident, with no memory, and finding Nigel a top surgeon from the hospital, by her bedside informing her that they were engaged to be married, it was all very confusing - Libby had no recollection of this. Personally I found Nigel quite a creepy individual.

On recovering from the accident, Libby felt she was being stalked, after nurses at the hospital where she worked, were being attacked by a serial attacker. At times you could really feel her fear and it was difficult to know who she should trust. The story kept you guessing to the end. A thoroughly enjoyable read, and I am looking forward to the next one.
on 2 January 2012
I have said this twice before when reviewing Faith's books, and I will say it again, because the compliment is warranted all the more. There is no doubt that Faith is well on the way to becoming the 21st century Agatha Christie. Christie's Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple will live on for many years; look out for Diana Rivers who will be making her name as a modern-day, fictional amateur sleuth. She appears in two of Faith's books as well as this one and this is one more mystery for her to solve.

Pretty blonde nurses are going missing and being stalked in two hospitals - in London and in Southampton.....

Libby Hunter is a pretty blonde nursing sister working in a Southampton hospital - a perfect employment location to pursue her love of sailing. Not only does she get to sail in prestigious yacht races, but she can indulge her passion in the sport with her new yacht-owner boyfriend, Nigel, a prominent, successful, wealthy, good-looking and eligible surgeon. However, a head injury sustained during a race on Nigel's boat gives Libby two dilemmas - temporary amnesia and an attraction to the helicopter rescue pilot who transports her to hospital for treatment.

As Libby's memory gradually recovers, she becomes confused by Nigel's behaviour and actions and by her feelings towards her hero pilot whose support is becoming invaluable. If that wasn't enough, she is further unsettled by an intruder into her home one evening - worrying because nothing was stolen or disturbed.......in the meantime, the hospital stalker is stepping up a gear....or two....

This is a page-turner that keeps you on your toes. Why does Nigel keep disappearing to his London flat? Why is his ex-wife there? Why is Robert so supportive, yet mysterious, especially about the attractive woman and baby Libby sees him with? Why is the gentle, amateur dramatics aficionado, but uncommunicative hospital porter, Peter, so worried about Libby? What is troubling him about his sighting of the stalker? Each time you are led down a path of suspicion, you are diverted down another. If you think you are going to outwit this author, think again.

Faith is a very methodical and organised author. Her attention to detail is impeccable. Her knowledge and/or research of the sailing fraternity and amateur dramatics is detailed and faultless. Faith sets an immaculate scene and no stone is left unturned. She carefully makes each character believable and imaginable and the dialogue is natural and uncontrived. The result is a perfectly flowing, effortlessly readable and thoroughly enjoyable book.

This is the third of Faith's books I have read and all I can say is, well done, very well done once again, Faith. Next please!
on 11 April 2012
This is the second of three books I have read by Faith Mortimer, my first being The Assasins Village....I am now about to start my third book by this great author called.....The Bamboo Mirror.....great reads and always keep you guessing :0) keep it up......

More highly recommended reads....

The Bamboo Mirror
The Surgeon's Blade
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 March 2012
This book by Faith Mortimer, a new writer to me, is the third in a series but stands well alone. It's a thriller/mystery and I didn't have a clue until 92% who was the perpetrator. The book is nicely paced, there are enough potential perps to keep you guessing and the end turns out well for Libby, the heroine.
If I had a quibble it is that she was a bit wet. Things happened to her that would not happen to me twice! Very few typos and a good standard of writing added to the enjoyment of this story. Well worth a read.
on 5 March 2012
I have read all Faith Mortimer's novels and I think she has improved since her first novel. This story is a little different from her other novels with her sleuth character 'Diana'. The story line is very plausible with enough tension that you could imagine yourself being the victim! It has been written in such a way that it would make a good story line to be televised. It's worth reading - this is probably her best novel so far!