I like watches. If I could, I'd have one for every day of the year. Over the years I've owned watches from all the major brands.... Some I've loved, some I've disliked.
Two brands for me stand above the rest when factoring in ; price, style, build and quality.
Seiko and Sekonda.
Since Sekonda have moved into the budget price range I expected the quality to have dropped. I needn't have worried.
This model is cheap in price but rich in style and quality.
Take note , it is NOT waterproof, but even after me forgetting this and wearing it in the shower and bath, it's still going strong and keeping microsecond perfect time.
Highly recommended for the low price.
Why buy cheap, plastic digital? You could have a classy analogue instead.
on 6 March 2015
I like to have a 'cheap n cheerful' every day watch on my wrist most days, so when the plastic strap broke on my last one I looked to see what I could find cheaply to tide me over.

This was a no-brainer! A solidly built stainless steel watch with a Japanese Movement, contoured mineral glass, and a lovely deep-hued blue dial with roman numerals.
Sekonda is a well known 'Distribution Brand' that has been around the watch industry for decades. It doesn't 'make' its watches but commissions and distributes value orientated designs from various quality makers to sell as 'Sekonda' watches. Originally many of its watches came from Soviet factories but now are ubiquitously from China.....but their watch-word (no pun intended) has always been high quality and affordability. I have had several over my lifetime and none ever fell short. This one is a corker and there are other design variants of it too.

The dial is attractive and refracts light as you move it...giving a fine 'engine-turned' impression which can make the silver hands hard to see if you aren't in the right lighting.....also I suspect the strap is more leather-ISH than real leather but neither of these things need be a deal breaker.

I have very skinny wrists so big chunky manly watches look ridiculous on me. This one is still big overall, but looks more compact by virtue of its shape. The strap fits me without resorting to extra holes!

You can guess.....I like it! For 15 squids including next day delivery it was just the ticket. Retro-classic-stylish and a lot of watch for the money.
on 25 March 2013
Clean, simple, greatly reduced price - and the name of Sekonda -- no problem!
I wouldn't call it a dress watch - not ideal for a building site, but fine for an office environment.
This was for my use - but if you get for a gift, there is a good presentation box as well.
on 26 July 2013
This is a good dress watch, and nice for putting on when going out somewhere special
Think this would be more apt for someone older than 20
Good value for money though and has a guarantee for 12 months
on 29 August 2013
A very good value watch. The strap is comfortable and the watch is very presentable and works well. It is not of the highest quality but is excellent value at less than £15.
on 10 March 2013
The watch arrived very promptly in it's presentation box. It has very nice deep blue face which almost shimmers due to slightly rounded glass face. The black leather strap nice and supple but does not look that greater quality. So far it has kept perfect time, overall great value for money can not go wrong for the price..
on 29 March 2013
Got this 28/3 after 5 days - first impressions - Lovely!.. Yes its a basic 1 dial watch with no fancy add ons (who needs these anyway)..had a sekonda years ago & have to admit the style has improved - the blue face & silver border are nice - this would look great as a "Night Out" watch, as well as everyday one..Havent given it 5 stars as havent checked out the comfort of strap or if any problems arise but , to be honest , at £14.99, ive no complaints & dont forsee any.. Lovely watch,even as a back up to your main one... Great!
on 26 June 2012
the watch is great,it looks an expensive one,but it was as cheap as chips.i can recommend the watch to other intended buyers,so go on treat yourself and buy it,you wont be disapointed.
on 2 December 2012
Lovely Watch at an excellent price. Husband wanted an every day watch to wear for work and this fits the bill, plus is quite stylish. Can recommend.
on 20 March 2014
Had the watch for over a year, I love it , great value and looks good. I have a black one too.

See one answered question