on 9 June 2014
This was an enormous disappointment full of cliches and completely banal... I kept reading transfixed just to get an idea of just how much more predictable a book could ever be, but page after page I came to understand that there was not going to be anything more than what I already knew I would read. A teenagers love story basically
on 1 March 2014
I really liked this; it made me laugh, cry and want to smack Joe a few times, but he tended to look pained enough without my help.

It was certainly a mystery and I was easily drawn into it from the first few chapters. Who'd want to kill a (horrible) old woman? A well known member of the community? I was certainly stumped since I knew it couldn't be Rose, who probably had the motive but was too nice a person.

I really liked both Joe and Rose and was urging them to get together from early on especially when he was being so nice and helpful to her after her mums murder while everyone else treated her like crap. Not the nicest little town to live in.

It wasn't hard to figure something weird was going on with Joe with all his pained looks and disappearing acts and I was intrigued as to what it would be. I wasn't disappointed.

Looking forward to reading more of this series!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 February 2016
An entertaining, fast-moving romance with likable characters and a few laugh-out-loud moments. I read it from start to finish in one sitting. It is tightly plotted and there are few wasted words, very slickly and professionally written. The story twists and turns to a gripping,,highly satisfying conclusion. I particularly enjoyed Muffy, the flatulent dog.
on 4 August 2017
Very teenage ! Loaded this as a freebie holiday read so can't complain to much,it was just ok really.Great to see her realising what a sheltered life she's led and coming up with a bucket list but lacked the wow factor for me to want to read more
on 2 August 2017
This book introduces the main characters. It is written with humour, sadness, hope and joy. A chaotic woman who had an awful start in life. Is spreading her wings and getting into trouble. Love it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Read this last year, enjoyed it but wasn't sure whether it was my type of book. Bought the Mystery Box Set after as it was on a good offer price and I really got involved with the story and the characters.

I am now reading Thirty and a half Excuses which I think so far is the best one of them all and I have pre-ordered Denise's new book which is out in June which I am really looking forward to. I would thoroughly recommend these books.
on 10 October 2017
Nice read though Joe was identified early on as law enforcement even though he was later dragged in on the 'bad side'. Lots of red herrings but still quite unfathomable from an early stage.
on 11 October 2015
Rose Gardner is a very mysterious woman.. 28 and a half wishes is only the beginning.. how I loved this story one of the best written books I've ever read! Fantastic beginning to a series I think anyone of any age would love this book highly recommend! I first got this book as a free download on my kindle and I literally fell in love!
on 4 January 2016
I originally didn't hold out much hope for this book as I find the ones for free on kindle very hit and miss.. how wrong was I??! Well written, full of emotion, with a good plot that kept me reading... so much so I have literally just paid for the 2nd book in the series! Can not wait to find out what Rose gets up to in book 2....
on 25 July 2017
This was a lovely book with a great premise, but I didn't love it.

It's sweet and funny and well-written, but was very confusing and back-and-forth.