Customer reviews

on 31 July 2011
Although Alanna Knight is a name I know well, I do not recall reading her novels previously. Now having read Killing Cousins I realise what I have been missing. This is a thorougly enjoyable read and just my cup of tea. The pace is fast, the plot satisfyingly twisty and the atmosphere and peope of The Islands well portrayed. As soon as I finished reading this I quickly snapped up more books in the Inspector Faro series. I do not hesitate to give this 5 stars.
on 9 March 2012
I am hooked on Inspector Faro mysteries from the out set to the end. Very easy going and takes you into Victorian times and their life. Buy them and enjoy.
on 11 August 2013
So far I have enjoyed all of the Inspector Faro mysteries until I read this one. The basic plot isn't too bad, but the writing seems very hard going in places, which for me took the shine off the book. There seemed to be a lot of different characters in this book, which again made it difficult to keep track off.

Sorry not her best
on 3 March 2016
As you read more of the Faro books the character's become old friends. I Sherlock Holmes set in Scotland there is a really feel for the geographically and historically settings of the books. The plots are intriguing and finish with a twist. Well done Me Knight.
on 17 November 2015
A fourth outing for Inspector Faro, this time set on Orkney instead of in Edinburgh. The Victorian period comes alive as we see his struggle to solve a murder, or is it two, or three?
on 8 January 2013
Another good read. Very easy reading and not always predictable outcome. Faro and Vince seem to always get their man or woman in the end.
on 12 January 2016
Good to catch up on the part of the lives that I missed
on 1 October 2014
An easy read a good story a good relaxing read.
on 29 September 2015