on 21 July 2017
love this author.
on 18 February 2007
Clydon Castle, England, 1192

Taken captive by the knight Ranulf, a golden giant of a man, Reina is chosen to partner the despised Lord Rothwell. But she will never accept such bondage, and instead offers herself to Ranulf, with a promise to make him a great lord, if he agrees to marry her.

Ranulf has pledged to deliver Reina to Lord Rothwell but discovers that, far from being willing to give her to another, he wants her for himself, and desires much more than a marriage of convenience from this proud, headstrong beauty.

She treats him with contempt, yet beneath her scathing remarks burns a passion that makes his blood run hotter than liquid fire. He has vowed that she must come to him of her own free will, and indeed the passion that consumes them both cannot be denied for long, even though grave dangers lie in wait on the rocky road to a true and lasting love.
on 17 March 1999
this is simply the best book you'd ever read: extremely amusing, very exciting, and extraordinarily lovely! While reading the book you'll lose track of time and keep on flipping the pages until the end!
on 15 January 1998
This was the first book by Johanna Lindsey that I read. I would like to state now that I have read every single book that she has written. I may be on the net all week. Ranulf is so big and cute and Reina was so cool.
I enjoyed the dialouge between these two people. The anxiety Ranulf felt about Theo and how Reina was able to turn his mind from that. She was able to feel his pain when his father arrived and was willing to fight for him. I laughed, cried and awed my way through this book. I read it several times.
on 10 April 1999
This is the first book by Johanna Lindsey that I have read. I had heard such good things about her, that I was eager to give it a try. From the very beginning, there is little romance in the story, and even less passion. The more that I read, the more I began to hate the characters. About two-thirds of the way through the book, I just put it down. For those of you who think Lindsey is the "Queen of Romance," try reading a book by Susan Johnson. I guarantee you'll be converted.
on 8 March 1999
This is my favorite book not just from Johanna but in general I have lost count of the times I've read it. This book will make you laugh any day of the week. This is real life relationships not just with Ranuff and Reina but with their friends and family members.I truly miss them every time the book ends. I would love to see all their friends recieve book of thier own!
on 27 August 1999
It just goes to show everyone has different tastes. I am not a dedicated Johanna Lindsey fan, but I LOVED this book. I have read it several times and have loaned it out to friends, who also loved it.
on 17 November 2014
I read this book years ago and really enjoyed it so I was delighted to find it come up on my kindle. Johanna Lindsey creates an interesting, witty and romantic read that is pure escapism. Loosely set in the medieval / middle ages this story has a sparky heroine and a handsome hero, who is not above learning some new tricks to better win over his lady. A lovely read when you need to relax.
on 10 June 1998
Ranulf is the most charming hero among Lindsay's books. Of course there are so many characters I love like Tony who is my favorite. But Ranulf is so pure and you cannot find any faults in him. You can trust him without second thought not because you love him but because of the way he is. Reading all scenes he is with Reina, without notice I was smiling. Such lovable couple.
on 15 February 1999
Johanna Lindsey is by far, my favorite historical romance novelist. The way she sets her stories are just fantastic. I especially loved this book. The humor in it was real. I mean it even made me laugh. I have read every single one of her books, and I have never been disappointed in any of them. This book is no exception.