on 20 February 2015
very entertaining
on 17 October 2013
Brilliant essential text for Drama Teachers-plenty of ways to work the material, works especially well for Stanislavsky work and Year 10 GCSE Students exploration
on 20 August 2015
Rubbish as I received totally the wrong book!
on 13 February 2013
Short enough but gets old really quick. Actually, I lie. It was never that new or interesting to begin with. For a relatively short book this simply took forever to read as a 'dipper' book. I didn't care at all about it and it rarely made me laugh, think or feel any emotions.
on 28 August 2012
On the plus side I thought that the jacket illustration was pretty good (even though I read it on a Kindle).
On the down side all the tiny plays appeared to have been lifted straight from the
scripts of any number of soap operas and mediocre television and radio dramas.
I wasn't greatly impressed but maybe I will have another go at it in a few months.
Sorry to be so negative.
on 25 September 2012
I could not get used to this book and only managed the first 30 or so plays. Pleased it was only 99p
on 9 February 2013
Disappointing read - only a few of the conversations turned out to be reasonably interesting, I think the book sounded better in the description than it actually turned out to be.
on 6 May 2015
This was not at all what I was hoping. I was looking for quick sketches for teenagers to use for drama. These were mostly totally inappropriate content and useless for my needs. I will no be able to use any of the book. Don't really understand how it got published!
on 26 October 2011
Our Youth Theatre company recently performed extracts from the play as their yearly show. It worked very well and enabled all of the participants to play several characters. The plays are funny, sad, thought provoking and entertaining. They work well as an ensemble piece and allow everyone to be involved. The play was a challenge and enjoyable all at the same time. I would highly recommend this to other companies who are looking for a unique experience for their young people. They would also work well as a starting point for their own plays.
on 18 August 2011
I bought this set of brilliant short plays after seeing a production of it at The Citizens Theatre in Glasgow. Being a lecturer in Acting and Performance I thought they would always come in handy when looking at scripts and they certainly are. Each of the plays have wonderful characters to play, emotions to try, loads of themes and issues to discuss and great atmospheres to explore. I have encourged all my students to get a copy and would say that it is a great tool for teachers, drama workers and lecturers. My favourites are the scene in first class of the train and the animal testing scene. I really can't recommend this book of plays highly enough.