Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.03

on 13 May 2013
Shame these were made up, because it would be a 5 star if some of them were really true, but you do hear this sort of thing going on around you on buses, trains, restaurants and in the street.You can just dip in and out and find afterwards you are smiling.
on 25 August 2012
Very much enjoyed reading this. It was one of those 'listening to a conversation on the bus' type books ... when you are eavesdropping and the other folk get off the bus (or your stop arrives) and you end up wondering what happened in the rest of the conversation, and to the protagonists.
on 9 November 2012
This is a wonderful little book - I read it in a day and laughed out loud several times - brilliantly observed and crafted interpretations of the great British public - reminded me a little of those wry Creature Comfort cartoons that Aardvark Animations do.
on 18 August 2011
I bought this set of brilliant short plays after seeing a production of it at The Citizens Theatre in Glasgow. Being a lecturer in Acting and Performance I thought they would always come in handy when looking at scripts and they certainly are. Each of the plays have wonderful characters to play, emotions to try, loads of themes and issues to discuss and great atmospheres to explore. I have encourged all my students to get a copy and would say that it is a great tool for teachers, drama workers and lecturers. My favourites are the scene in first class of the train and the animal testing scene. I really can't recommend this book of plays highly enough.
on 3 April 2013
I would not normally read this type of book and probably wouldn't again. Although I liked the clever writing, I normally read books that allow you to fully connect with the characters or story's, this book allowed neither.
on 6 March 2012
Bought this as part of my training with Acting Coach Scotland, we had to choose a few of the scenes to work on during the term.
It is a fantastic book, great range of characters, short enough to learn a couple at a time and very entertaining. I would recommend anyone studying acting or writing to get a copy of this. I know I will be using this book for years to come, it's genius.
on 22 February 2016
We have recently been granted the rights to perform a student production of Craig Taylor's One Million Tiny Plays about Britain.
Our students and director were so happy when we were granted the rights as it is a popular play amongst many.
Fantastic read with interesting characters, even more fantastic to perform.
on 26 July 2015
Craig Taylor's brilliant One Million Tiny Plays About Britain is a delight to read. He captures perfectly modern life in Britain in these tiny plays, which are both humorous and poignant and represent the variety of characters we have on our Isle. Easily recognisable and very cathartic, if you like a humorous take on modern life look no further.
on 6 March 2013
Not a genre I'd usually go for, however after spotting this book in a sale I thought it would be a fun read to dip into. I found some scenarios to be cleverly set up and amusing but. and maybe I missed the point, it felt too smug in places. There will be many people that "get" the joke and love the concept, it just wasn't for me.
on 15 July 2013
I purchased this book for use with students in an amateur theatre company. You can identify "real" people in all of the plays and they lend themselves well to working in improvisation classes. A great book to read through when you just have 5 minutes to spare, OR to study the plays more in detail. It does exactly what is says on the tin, and gives a great flavour of life on the streets of Britain.