on 22 November 2016
I have read quite a few self help books prior to my impending divorce but this was by far the most apt to my situation. No psychological babble, just plain and simply explains the mechanics of a mysogynistic relationship, that I recognised all too well. It was like somebody had wrote a book about the dynamics of my marriage. This book helped me after leaving a relationship of this kind but it would equally be as valuable, if not more so, to somebody who was considering it. It validated a lot of the feelings I was confused about and helped me to realise that I have definately done the best for both myself and my children in a no win situation.
One person found this helpful
on 17 November 2011
If there is a relationship in your life where you feel you have been walked all over and left feeling totally crushed then perhaps you should read this book. The language is confrontational and does not encourage male readers, and there is quite a lot of american hyperbole, and the author is definitely in the 'leave them they're not worth it' camp but the general tenor of the book does give insight.

My partner of 23 years left me and his children - one of whom is terminally ill - a year ago for a young female colleague. I have felt, and continue to feel crush and worthless and it was my therapist who lent me this book. I was shocked to see my partner walking through the text of most of the book, since I had never - even in my darkest days - thought of him like that. Reading the book has given me understanding of sorts even though it has not necessarily helped me to come to terms with what has and is continuing to happen.
4 people found this helpful
on 2 June 2013
I haven't got to the end of this book yet, but after reading 'Toxic Parents' by the same writer, I have found her work very insightful, that is, going to great lengths to describe bahaviours using case examples and then seeks to explain those behaviours. However, the reason why I give this author five stars is that she is great at logical progression. She explains the possible reasons for the behaviour, but not about what THEY can do about it, but what YOU can do about your behaviour and ways of thinking, amd this is where the power of the books lie. Brilliant and highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 February 2015
Describes my ex to a T. I should have read this book before I committed to moving to another country to be with him. Luckily I safe guarded my valuables before I went. The nutter.
5 people found this helpful
on 13 April 2014
If you are involved in a nice one day, nut the next day relationship. If you're always trying to be better to make them happy - you need to read this book. I was confused and didn't understand why I couldn't be good enough for him, and this book explained it so well. Hopefully you'll gain the strenght to leave and never to get in a relationship like this again. Best thing I ever did. Easy read too.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2017
Very interesting read! Had heard of misogynists before, but didn't know what it meant. Now realise what I am up against.
One person found this helpful
on 21 July 2017
Surprisingly good
on 19 February 2016
Insightful read, good customer service in receiving the item
on 23 August 2014
This is a very valuable reference and source of information for those seeking understanding and knowledge of certain types of men.
on 13 July 2016