on 29 November 2012
I have had this electric fire 5 weeks now bought on 18/10/12, The flame is very effective and looks almost real,
The heater kicks out some nice heat just on 1 bar, It does really heat up a room very quickly.

I have only given it a 4 ster rating because of the lamps inside, Dimplex have put 2 x E14 candles which run at 60W each, After the 5 weeks, Both lamps have now blown already, Instructions say that these lamps are long life??
I have now put in 2 x E14 4.5W LED candles, Not only will these lamps last 10 years, 9W compared to 120W is alot of difference.

So if you are considering buying this product, Then i would invest in a couple of LED candle lamps, Besides the rubbish lamps Dimplex supply, The Fireplace is an excellent buy, Cozy, Heat, Looks brill.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2012
Excellent stove heater. The flame effect is very effective and much better than I imagined. It stands in my fireplace and my family and friends are most impressed. The heat on low setting is good for my home as I have gas central heating and just occasionally need that extra warmth. Would highly recommend this item to Amazon customers.
on 22 September 2012
This was bought for the conservatory. It is eye-catching especially when the flame effect is on. Gives a warm realistic effect even without the 2 heat options (1 or 2 kw.) Log fuel bed. Heats up a small room quickly. Remote supplied for the idle! Flame effect alone only 1p per hour. Only used for heating when chilly and conservatory in use. Great for small/medium sized rooms. Slight humming when heater on but I don't find it distracting.
on 25 June 2012
This was a bargain. Great little fire with a simple remote that works well. Will warm a small to meium size room very quickly.
on 6 November 2009
When I received the stove it was great. Have wanted this type of fire for a long time. Not for the heat value of it but, just for the glow. In the weather we are having just now, it is so warming to the room. I love everything about it.
on 12 June 2014
Just like a real woodburner when it is turned off. When turned on, not so much.

On the down-side, I've owned woodburners in the past and when they were in use they made an occasional nice quiet crackling noise, while this sounds like a small tornado has started up in a corner of the room and scares the dog. I think the dog has psychological issues now from the roaring of this.

On the upside, when I had a woodburner it was more often than not used in cold weather, which meant you got all nice and toasty until more wood was needed, at which point you had to get up and go out into the rain and cold to get more wood. With this, a nice man in Russia keeps shovelling gas down a pipe at his end and another nice man here in Blighty magically turns that into electricity and sends it straight to the heater so no more tramping around outside in the cold. That's a bonus. Oh, and with real woodburners they are designed so that you light them they remain stone cold until 10 minutes before you are due to go to bed, give five minutes of nice warmth, then turn the house into a sauna whereas at least this mini tornado blowey machine stays at the same temperature all the time.
on 7 November 2011
Love it, would recommend it - it really heats up the room and the fire effect is lovely too! Great price, delivery very quick. Love the remote!
on 24 September 2014
Bad purchase! If I had been writing this review shortly after delivery I would probably have given it five stars. This fire looks good, the flame effect better than most I have seen and it was a useful source of extra heat in our conservatory. However, after using it occasionally since December 2012, probably 30 hours use max, it has stopped working. The last time it was used was beginning of February this year when barely 14 months old. I had planned to buy the more expensive model with smoke effect and was going to give this one to my daughter. It was only when I was showing her the controls that I discovered that it was broken. I contacted Dimplex for advice and was given contact details of a repairer but they estimated the cost of £139 which is more than a new one, ridiculous! I contacted Dimplex again and this time it was suggested I buy new lamp holders which I did at a cost of £15 but as soon as I spoke to an electrician he told me that was poor advice as the fire flicked on and off so the lamps were working. Dimplex now refuse to help and the retailer has not responded to my email. So a very expensive fire, poor customer service and Dimplex have lost out on an order for a £600 fire and recommendations from me.
on 31 January 2014
It arrived the day after it was ordered, Dec. 30th. but I missed it as I was told via email it would be here between 4th & 8th of January !!! However I rearranged delivery & it came on 2nd Jan. Was simple to set up, I'm on my own & disabled. Is very lightweight, looks like cast iron, but obviously isn't. The flame is fantastic, instant & so realistic, didn't imagine this with electric. It's slightly noisy, but not enough to upset me & TV drowns it out. Haven't used the higher wattage, no need to. The only complaint was that both bulbs blew on the 8th day, so I was annoyed about that. Put 2 new bulbs in myself... soon worked out how to do it, & replaced the back plate & it's worked happily since !!! It has met with many compliments. I have central heating, but it would heat my reasonably large lounge perfectly if the heating were not switched on. I would recommend it to anyone. The price was very pleasing too.. cheaper than all the other ones, exactly the same make & design, which I checked out at all other leading sellers.
on 25 August 2013
Okay so this product is a little flimsy - but then so is a theatre stage set and in my fire place surrounded by logs it looks like the real deal. I mainly wanted something to "dress" my fireplace until I can afford to install a real wood burner.

Also, when required it knocks out the heat within minutes taking the chill off the dinning room quickly.

Yes it's a bit noisy but with music on in the background and general chat, it's not really noticeable.

A good buy for what it is.