Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 13 August 2011
I have just finished reading the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book by Dee Blick. Actually, that's not true. The fact is, I have just finished reading the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book for the third time - and I only got the book a couple of weeks ago.

My method of reading a business book is that as I read the book, if there are tips and advice I think I can apply to my business, I turn a page corner over. Then when I am done - I go through the turned page and turn them into ToDo tasks which I action over the course of a few months or weeks. However, when I got to the end of Dee Blicks book, I found that the majority of pages were turned over. So I re-read it, trying to find the key elements which I can apply. You know what? I didn't know where to start, there were that many.

The fact is, this is one of the best Business Books I have read. From the very first page (and I mean the first page - before all the copyright and print edition nonsense), its all good stuff. Everything you need to know about marketing, selling, branding, and growing a small business.

Subjects include a Marketing Master class (what you are selling, why, pricing), using strong sales words in documents and proposals, Sales letters (including lumpy sales letters), newsletters, turning bin-able sales correspondence into must keep and respond items, branding, blogging, on-line promotion, exhibitions, and lots more - it's all covered. On every page there are ideas, backed up with examples of what won't work, what will, and what will work in different situations. There are hints, tips, tricks, examples and more advice than you could possibly imagine is in one book.

Which leads me to a problem. With most books, I have between 1 and 20 ideas to improve and grow my business - easy to add to my Do list. After reading this book, I have at least 100 (if not more) - so where to start?!? So I am going to re-read it slowly, a page a week, and I am going to implement all the ideas I have highlighted, one at a time. I have no doubt that these improvements will drive my business forward and generate even more sales.

If you need just one marketing book that covers it all, buy this book.

But if you can only buy one business book which will help grow your business, you should still buy this book: the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book by Dee Blick.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2011
I've been running a small business for over ten years and my shelves are stacked high with "How To" books, including many on marketing. If only this book had been around when I started, I'd have saved a lot of money and, I very much expect, made a load more by applying what Dee has put into this book.

If you run a small business, you really have to buy this book. For once, there's simply loads of practical advice that you can put into action straight away, starting with chapter 1. In fact, the first chapter is worth much more than the price of the book, and the same applies to other chapters too, with some great, easily digested and inspiring ideas.

Everything you need is here. There's no academic jargon, just easy to soak up, plain English, which you can really put to use to make quick, significant and effective changes to marketing your business. Dee encourages readers to make marketing a part of the everyday fabric of the organisation, and to be adopted by everyone in the business, be that one, five or fifty.

The book contains real life case studies and examples. This isn't theory - this is stuff you can apply in your own business and the ideas in this book really work. It doesn't matter what your business does, this book will apply to you and your business. And as a marketing professional myself, I have to put my hands up and say this book is, for once, what it says on the tin; the ultimate small business marketing book. Don't pass this one by - this is the one book your business deserves.
on 17 April 2012
I have just read the USBMB and love it. In fact when a friend asked if she could borrow it the other day I found myself saying 'no' as I keep referring back to it.

It's amazing sparkling stuff and for people like me with short concentration spans it makes marketing manageable at last. I think there are far too many people out there trying to complicate things and sound grand. It's so refreshing to find someone doing the opposite. It has really struck a chord and inspired me to relook at my copywriting!
on 20 July 2011
I am a huge fan of Dee Blick's first book and was a little concerned she would not be able to live up to her first book with this one. However, this book is even better. You can tell she has learned a lot from writing her first book and this new one is excellent and surpasses what was a top quality first book. There is more substance to the reasoning used and more depth to the discussions. This book is filled with quality and value for anyone interested or involved in marketing, especially for small businesses. It is a pity more people cant write in the lucid style of Dee Blick.
on 28 June 2015
This will be the second book I have read by Dee, and wont be my last. Dee's way of writing is so clear & helpful, and you cannot fail to understand her practical tips for your business.
The book is broken down into chunks of information, and supported by industry experts who give their own advice - it's like having many expert opinions in one handy book.

This is a must read if you are like me, and trying to grow your business & build your knowledge of marketing.

Highly recommended.

I have also had the pleasure of contacting Dee via social media - Lovely women! An absolute inspiration for women in business! #girlpower
on 4 April 2012
What do I mean by that? Simple! Buy this book and then read it!
From the beginning all the way through to the end you will, very frequently, be kicking yourself.
From cover to cover Dee Blick has crammed in marketing brilliance. Before I read this book, and as a small business owner, I thought I had the marketing side of things nailed. The truth is I never realised quite how wrong I had been getting it, and quite how easy it is to tweek areas or change approaches to get results.
As I said before I was kicking myself because this is how it should be done, how did we not realise??!!
This book has changed my attitudes and approach toward my mrketing and how I do business with current clients. I challenge anyone to read this book and NOT do the same!
on 16 April 2012
Couldn't put Dee Blick's brilliant marketing book down. I've filled dozens of pages with scribbles and thoughts. After much crossing out and refining I've identified my most profitable customers, worked out how to reach them, and I have a plan. I found Dee's masterclasses very easy to follow. Her book is well paced, and packed with clever, enthusiastic and sensible advice. I own a 15 Bedroomed 5 star B&B in a National Park. I felt as if she was talking directly to me. I found this book was worth every penny. Thank you Dee
on 30 November 2011
I have only read the first few chapters so far, and i have learned so much already. Teaches you everything you need to know about marketing your small business. Just wish i had more time to read it all quicker.
on 30 March 2012
I am just so grateful that Dee Blick has taken the time to write this book and pass on her exceptional talent and marketing skills for our businesses.
Having been in business for 29 years this is the first time that I've seen marketing made logical and simple. I only wish that it has been available when we started out.
She completely understands the challenges of small businesses and gives us the tools and inspiration to achieve greater success in moving our businesses forward, and increasing sales.
I have learnt so much in such a short space of time, and pick the book up daily as a point of reference and comfort.
Once again Dee, thanks.

Tim
on 26 August 2016
When i started my business i had no idea about marketing. Later i understood it was most important part of business growth. this book helped me a lot. You will find everything here from how to choose right business model, niche to SEO and and social media marketing. If you don't know anything about marketing this book is for you.