on 28 June 2015
This will be the second book I have read by Dee, and wont be my last. Dee's way of writing is so clear & helpful, and you cannot fail to understand her practical tips for your business.
The book is broken down into chunks of information, and supported by industry experts who give their own advice - it's like having many expert opinions in one handy book.

This is a must read if you are like me, and trying to grow your business & build your knowledge of marketing.

Highly recommended.

I have also had the pleasure of contacting Dee via social media - Lovely women! An absolute inspiration for women in business! #girlpower
on 17 April 2012
I have just read the USBMB and love it. In fact when a friend asked if she could borrow it the other day I found myself saying 'no' as I keep referring back to it.

It's amazing sparkling stuff and for people like me with short concentration spans it makes marketing manageable at last. I think there are far too many people out there trying to complicate things and sound grand. It's so refreshing to find someone doing the opposite. It has really struck a chord and inspired me to relook at my copywriting!
on 30 November 2011
I have only read the first few chapters so far, and i have learned so much already. Teaches you everything you need to know about marketing your small business. Just wish i had more time to read it all quicker.
on 19 June 2015
Great Author, Great Book. Extremely useful content, covering a huge range of topics. It's written with actual tips and examples, you won't walk away from this book still asking yourself "Okay... But what do I actually do?". It gives you an excellent basis, and guide to actually go and achieve what you want.

Dee's other books are great too!
on 26 August 2016
When i started my business i had no idea about marketing. Later i understood it was most important part of business growth. this book helped me a lot. You will find everything here from how to choose right business model, niche to SEO and and social media marketing. If you don't know anything about marketing this book is for you.
on 20 July 2011
I am a huge fan of Dee Blick's first book and was a little concerned she would not be able to live up to her first book with this one. However, this book is even better. You can tell she has learned a lot from writing her first book and this new one is excellent and surpasses what was a top quality first book. There is more substance to the reasoning used and more depth to the discussions. This book is filled with quality and value for anyone interested or involved in marketing, especially for small businesses. It is a pity more people cant write in the lucid style of Dee Blick.
on 27 August 2016
This book is dated, the concepts will be very familiar to any but the most naive of small business owners. Personally I would give this book a miss, the sections on social media are completely outdated, as you need to know about video and mobile marketing, there will still be some material that is worthwhile if you are trying to setup your first business or are not familiar with basic marketing. Otherwise it may not be worth taking the risk of purchasing this book.

I don't really like posting a three star review, as I can see that the author put a lot of effort into writing the book, and don't get me wrong it has some useful material however, it is just I wanted this review to act as a warning to small business owners considering buying the book, unless they are inexperienced in marketing it will not help them.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2015
This book is very well worth it. I look and read it time and time again. There are light bulb moments on every page. Truly an education. Great for beginners or if you think you know it all about marketing, read this first! Brilliant. Thanks for saving my business!
on 16 April 2012
Couldn't put Dee Blick's brilliant marketing book down. I've filled dozens of pages with scribbles and thoughts. After much crossing out and refining I've identified my most profitable customers, worked out how to reach them, and I have a plan. I found Dee's masterclasses very easy to follow. Her book is well paced, and packed with clever, enthusiastic and sensible advice. I own a 15 Bedroomed 5 star B&B in a National Park. I felt as if she was talking directly to me. I found this book was worth every penny. Thank you Dee
on 27 April 2015
Full of easy to follow practical tips and advice. We have adopted a few of the suggestions in our business and they're already having a positive effect. If you're in business read this book!