on 21 May 2014
Always difficullt to write these things after a couple of days but it seems well enough made. Light colour indicates whether charging or charged. Everythinjg seems as it should be so i have no reason not to give it full marks.
on 24 November 2011
I read the previous reviews on this charger prior to purchase and thank everyone for taking the time to submit feedback. It works fine, feels sturdy and has solved the problem of charging the reader when away from the computer. I actually returned the reader as faulty after plugging it into a usb wall adapter and having the remaing chaarge drained away from the reader. Why do Sony not tell you that if you want to charge from the mains you will have to buy a special charger for it? Or better still it they should include a charger with the reader, after all they are expensive enough.
Now we have yet another charger to carry with us on holiday.

I have an elonex ereader which I charge through my HTC phone adapter which I also use to charge my Creative ZEN, so three for the price of one.

I say shame on you Sony for a blatent rip of
on 28 December 2011
It works. A red light on the charger glows when charging which changes to green when fully charged. I have no hesitation in recommending it.
on 20 July 2013
Was very disappointed. The mains charger I received has a mini usb end to it, I had thought from reading the other reviews it would be a correct DC straight plug, so when plugged in I can't use the reader. It does have a green light which unfortunately glows green even when the battery isn't fully charged, and discharged my half full battery.

Stay away from the charger sold by e-store UK.

Addition: However when I contacted the company, they were good and offered a refund, so though product is poor, company is a good trader.
on 30 November 2011
Very good , quick delivery, correct item..
What more could you want .
If it works for the next 5 years it will be excellent
on 22 October 2011
We were off to Australia via Bangkok and Dubai this summer, so lots of flying and reading! This charger was very competitively priced and worked everywhere we went using a UK plug adapter so we were never out of charge on any of the flights. Worked beautfully and fitted easily into the luggage without really noticing it was there.
on 16 September 2013
This charger does not actually charge the eREader 600 AT ALL. It fits one of the plugs on the ereader but it is an information-type portal that does not actually charge the reader. If you look at your eReader 600 you will notice that the only charging point marked "DC in" is round and this charger is a 5-pin style jack. Sorry I don't have the correct terminology but the bottom line is this was a total waste of money. No doubt it would charge other electronic goods but not the eReader.
on 30 May 2013
The Charger arrived very quickly. On first unpacking it and seeing the round connector I thought that it was just a Mains Power supply, not having a USB connector, however I plugged it in - and some hours later was much relieved to see that it had charged the Reader. Much more convenient than having to connect to my computer, and I know that I can travel without having to persuade hotels etc that it would not damage their computer if they allowed me to plug into theirs.
on 4 May 2013
I bought this to charge my PRS-600 but when it arrived I noticed it has a Micro-USB connection, whereas the connection on my PRS-600 is a Mini-USB.

No where in the description does it say that the end of the cable has a micro/mini-USB connection and there are no pictures showing it. Either one of these would have avoided any confusion, prevented me from buying it and then I would have no reason to give a bad rating.
on 9 November 2011
Purchased this item ver late on Sunday evening, was delighted to get an email stating it had been dispatched on the Monday morning, even happier to receive it on Tuesday!! Fabulous communication and item is exactly as described.
It charged my reader up from flat in a couple of hours and the plug has a red and green light to let you know when it is charged.
Excellant value for money, well impresssed with item and service.

See one answered question