Customer reviews

Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan - Tiger Design
Colour: White Tiger Pattern|Change

on 7 January 2015
I was amazed how big this tray was when it arrived! The box was huge and the cats could have a party in there. Seems good quality and it does have a nice deep bottom tray so litter stays in. I took the door off till they get used to it. The flip up lid is handy for cleaning. It does need quite a bit of litter mind you to give a decent layer but my cats love it. Great price too.
review image
11 Comment| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2017
In the process of moving house, I bought this to help our nervous, female cat feel a little more secure Putting her own litter tray inside the box worked brilliantly, especially as I placed it in the bathroom at our new home. She had no problem using it and prefers to join in when her 'Mum' is using the human toilet. I guess she thinks her scent will be hidden by the human scent. It is easy to remove used litter, and clean the whole tray.
Highly recommend this for acclimatising your pet in a new home, giving some privacy and an easy-clean system.
The lid is a bit tricky to clip on and off, but I recommend not fixing it tightly in normal use. I also recommend using a normal litter tray inside it for a smaller animal, cutting down on the cost of litter, and making it easier to remove and clean.
on 30 June 2016
This is huge, and my cats really enjoy it, as they can turn round easily inside (roomy enough for them to have a party). It's deep enough to retain litter, though it's so big that I used two complete boxes to fill it initially. It seems to work best when there's a thick layer of clumping litter; I keep at least 3" depth. Relatively easy to clean without removing the top part, as the lid hinges back. The build quality isn't wonderful, though – one of the two clips on one side was missing, and one of the little posts which act as the door hinge broke within a day. ( The box works perfectly well without the door flap.)
on 1 June 2016
Kind of said it in the headline. We have 77 cats, some of which are larger breeds, and these trays are perfect for our needs. Have quite a number of them and they seem very popular. Also help to keep litter in the litter trays! Good value too.
on 30 June 2014
Bought this a few months ago and it's brilliant. My kitties use it no problem. At first I kept the door up as one of my cats is of a nervous nature.I let them get used to it this way for a while and then put the door down with fingers crossed..sitting on the sofa watching their every move. After a bit of a nosy my big Marius who has bags of confidence pushed it open with his head and in he popped..did his business ..and popped out again,all the while being watched by the timid Akasha. Now the two of them use it with no bother at all....one of the best buys I've ever made. Goodbye (well almost) to all those bits a wood pellets and sawdust over the floor :) This cat litter box is easy the carry...as long as you don't put half a tree of wood pellets in and so easy to clean..I love it...(well....as much as you can love a cat box!!) ;)
I have 2 adult cats
so the tradirional type of litter tray means theres litter everywhere and really bad smell
but with the lid, there is a lot less litter around it and no smells at all
when it arrived I was surprised how big it is
it does take some time for my cats to get used to the door
but once they learnt, they love it
Fun Fact: one of them actually really like it that he decided to stay inside the tray haha
on 11 June 2017
Very happy with this product, even more so than the catit easy clean litter box I bought for more than twice the price!! The bag lip so litter doesn't go on the floor during cleaning is a useful feature and one if the things that made this litter box more appealing. Astethics are pleasing, the large size is great for a multi cat house, the way the from folds up makes cleaning a breeze (don't need to remove the sturdy lid) and I like how the lid clamps on as it is very secure but also easy to remove.
The only downsides are that initially my younger cats thought the carbon filter was a scratch pad and due to the design of the bag lip when the litter needs cleaning it doesn't trap the smell that well when near the box. I do think the carbon filter may be benaficial in the long run though.
I think this is the best litter box I have used to date and quite possibly seen.
There are other pros but this review is already long. Can't recommend this product enough
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2015
for multi-cat households. We have 5 pedigree cats and they are exclusively 'house' cats. This litter box is big enough for them all to use and has a charcoal filter on the top to stop nasty niffs getting out.

Amazon is cheaper than other pet shops by far.
on 16 September 2017
This litter tray is huge. We have two large male cats who normally don't fit in hooded trays but this one is more than big enough for the. The part of the hood where the filter is lifts up so you can scoop the litter without fully removing the hood, which makes it convenient for daily cleaning. The only problem I found was that because it's so large, I was using more litter to fill it than usual. I've started using a thinner layer of litter so the full tray is covered but it isn't very deep and the cats seem fine with this .
on 15 June 2016
Great cat box keeps the smells in not that it gets much smell as we change it twice a day good price and very big which gives them plenty of room to move which they like deep pan keeps the cat litter in the base and looks very stylish and good quality definitely recommend.