Customer reviews

on 4 October 2012
Update - I now have a fibre connection and they will transmit the full data rate of 37Mb/s if connected over the same mains ring.

I bought these to replace an existing link using Solwise Homeplug 1.0 devices. These were used to connect a Wifi access point downstairs to the main router 2 floors up and on a different ring main.

With the original 1.0 adaptors, the internet rate (measured by speedtest.net) was limited to 5-6 Mbps (as compared with 17-18 Mbps going over Wifi direct to the router).

With the new AV devices, I get 17-18 Mbps when the Homeplug devices are in the path even though the link shows as sub-optimum - the middle led is orange or red, I am not quite sure which.

They connected to each other straight out of the box. I haven't tried pushing the buttons to randomize the link name.
on 31 May 2012
Just the job I Can use this gadget any where in my house
its what the Doctor ordered and well the worth the money
Thanks again.
on 7 July 2013
Plug in, switch on and it works straight away. Only have 2 of them, so no complications. Although the product says "mini", note that it is still 50mm x 50mm x 50mm when plugged it.
on 25 August 2013
I used to have Virgin as my internet supplier. Their superhub is a pile of you know what. I could get wifi if I stood next to it, but if I left the room there would be no signal. It could take 48 hours to update my Blu ray player through the wifi. Used these plugs and the update took 2 minutes. Worth every penny. Some reviewers complain of them getting hot, I can't say I get this problem.
on 22 April 2013
I had bought some of the old 85mbps plugs for my house and decided to upgrade to the 200mg models. I didnt have any problems with the old solwise plugs so thought i would stick with the brand. Can't recommend these enough, very straight forward to setup and little or no problems with them. Delivery on the item was as stated as well. Very pleased :)
on 14 May 2013
It took me a few minutes fiddling with with the buttons to get the two units to establish a connection. Since then, the connection comes up straight away as soon as they're powered on. I've not carried out any speed tests but they seem as quick as using the 100Mb ethernet setup I used previously (at a different location). I can't attest to their durability as I've only been using them for a month, but so far, so good.
on 24 January 2013
Great item, worked straight away with no problems. Very easy to use with no special configurations needed. I now have internet and network facilities in a previous dead spot.
on 21 March 2014
Purchased to connect two Digital TV's and desk top computer to the internet, installation was easy just plug in and switch on.
on 22 January 2014
I chose these mini plugs as I did not have a great deal of room at floor level and they are just right and fit in quite snugly.
As I am not to technical the ease of use and the very easy set up make these the ideal product to boost your Wi-Fi.
on 26 January 2014
Does just as expected. Bought to replace an older 85Mb version but with a second 85Mb still on the mains network. No problems with having both working on the same mains ring and noticeable speed up on this version.

See one answered question