on 5 February 2012
I bought this from being told that it's a very good alternative to the more well known Turtle Beach headsets, and I absolutely love it, the quality of the game in your ear is spectacular, makes you feel as if you're actually there, and it's perfect for Search and Destroy matches on Call of Duty, or a larger game like Battlefield, I've used both Turtle Beaches and this is a very worthy competitor and it's so much cheaper, I'd say it's on par or even better to the Turtle Beach x11 I used before purchasing the Trigger, you will not regret this purchase.
on 6 March 2012
I have just got this headset today and it was a pain in the backside trying to set up the wires, but I have turned forty so thats probably why. Once I stood back and looked at the wires properly it all made sense. The sound is amazing and it feels great on my head. Some people have said it hurts their ears after 30 minutes or so but I have not found this and I really do have a big head. Only had it today but the build quality looks really good and solid. Like I said before they fit my head so they extend a good way and the ear pieces turn and twist just incase you have an odd shaped head. I spoke to someone on the Xbox earlier and it was crystal clear, Well I think it was as they were French and i'm very limited in that department (it was not a long conversation). Wires are a pain in the back side and unsightly but I get fed up with bluetooth and loosing connection. So far i'm very pleased with them as I took a cheap pair back this morning that you could not hear anyone or they hear you. I will update this review for better or worse (6/03/12) as I have more info. Unless you are used to really expensive ones then you shouldn't be disappointed with these. One last thing, I got these from a local store a couple of quid cheaper (slap your bum advert). Good luck and I hope this helps. Mr J.

Update 11/03/12. OK, I have now had these for five days and used them quite a bit. I do see now what people are saying about the ear problem. I wouldn't say they hurt but you can feel them, I just simply pull them away for a second and off I go again. Don't let it put you off as the sound is fantastic and I have had a few chats with people and its all crystal clear. I am still pleased with them and very pleased with my choice. Mr J.
on 5 September 2013
If you pop along to my recent review of another headset, you'll see what I mean. If you can't be bothered, then to summarise: I'm used to an old pair of super comfy Bose Quiet Comfort cans that are about 7 years old, but obviously they have no headset/mic feature.

These Tritton's are about 80% as comfy as my old Bose headphones. The ear pads are oval(ish) and fit comfortably over, not ON, my ears. The material is soft, but not textured, so I have to lift them off my ears every now and again for a fraction of a second to let some heat out, but are generally a pleasure to have on my head for hours at a time. I sometimes do the DJ thing of only having one can sitting on one ear, the other off so I can hear if anyone's trying to get my attention in another room. The good thing about these is that the cans swivel just far enough the 'wrong' way to sit comfortably on my head like this without it feeling like they're going to slide off. Also, the "grip" doesn't make my head feel as if it's in a cushioned vice.... But still stay where they're put.

Build quality appears to be good enough. Obviously you need to look after them as you would any other headphones of this type of design. The cans do swivel enough to fold flat, but they don't fold up in to a neat "ball" to pack away in a bag that easily, but this is no biggie as I hardly ever do that. And the mic is not removable as on others, but does swivel up out of the way.

Talking of the mic.... It's solid. It stays where you put it. It doesn't droop. You'd think this would be standard with any flexible arm, but nooooo..... Mates have said the voice quality is good and they can hear me clearly even if I'm talking quite quietly. There IS the white noise "hiss" others have mentioned on practically all the headset reviews for Tritton AND other manufacturers' headsets, but I believe this is due to amp gain design issues on the Xbox itself, not the headsets. Turning the chat volume down helps here. As does using the USB connectors on the back of the 'box.

I'm rating these 4* simply because the sound quality isn't as good as I'd hope. For the money it's fine, but, I dunno, it's just not that bassy for me, and seems either a tiny bit tinny or a bit.... flat... hollow... I don't know how to describe it... it's just not as nice to listen to as the other headset I tried, but you know, for less than £30 it's fine. I'm just picky and, yes, I want the world for less than £30... ;)

A note on audio adaptors which may apply to other manufacturers' headsets too: These Trittons come with a USB connector plus Left and Right pass through phono connectors. The way I've got my xbox setup to the TV is as follows: I've stripped the plastic casing off the standard Xbox component cable, which has a stupid extended bit that gets in the way of the HDMI socket. Stripping this off is probably not recommended, so don't blame me if anything goes wrong here, you do it at your own risk... But I can use any old HDMI cable to the TV rather than forking out for a 'proprietary' Xbox one... AND then use the red and white / right and left phono audio connectors off the component cable to plug into the TV as well (no sound over HDMI on xbox, right?) Sooo... Take the Tritton cable, plug the USB into the back of the xbox (to help minimise white noise / hiss on chat), plug the pass through audio connectors into the TV, plug Xbox component audio cables into pass through from the Trittons and Bob's your uncle.
on 1 November 2013
Bought this headset not too long ago and I have to say I am very impressed, a definite 5 star headset if it wasn't for one thing (which I'll get to shortly).
Having had 3 successive Turtle Beach XL1 all break to the same wiring issue, where the left earphone would completely cut out, I decided to move on to something new. In all honesty, the sound of the Tritton itself is of very good quality, but just misses out in the bass quality in comparison to the XL1, but still holds itself pretty well! It provides great quality surround sound as you can really pinpoint in on where certain sounds are coming from, whether it be the quiet plodding of footsteps in Call of Duty or the subtle groans of zombies in Minecraft, it is quite phenomenal. However at times I found it to be a little too much, as sound seemed to play solely in one ear of the headset if it was immediately left (or right) which felt rather uncomfortable, however such occasions are pretty rare. The design too, I find to be very stylish and a lot better than that of turtle beach, with the orange on black giving a very striking, contemporary scheme. However the one big flaw I have with this product is the level of comfort. Being a relatively serious gamer (I play everyday for medial stretches of time) I found that over time the earpieces would sit a little too heavily on the ear and become rather uncomfortable and even painful. Now this may just be a sign I should be gaming a little bit less (!) or just user specific, but in all truth it's a polluting tarnish on an otherwise grassy meadow of excellence in product design. Nevertheless, still strongly recommended.

Sound: 9/10
Design: 7/10
Ease of Use: 8/10 (a few wires to deal with, nothing too tricky)
Comfort: 6/10
Value for Money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
on 8 December 2013
I bought this as my original Microsoft head set broke I'm really glad I bought this you hear every little detail in the game noises you wouldn't hear normally gives you the upper hand as you can hear foot steeps ect. 5 star as everything is in the box you will ever need as turtle beach you need to buy more accessories to make it work with hdmi so this is for the price as well a fantastic bit of kit. Take my word for it you will love this also a great Christmas present for someone.
on 22 February 2014
I absolutely love this product. The sound quality is clear and I love the fact you can hear not just your friends over Xbox Live, but also the sounds & music from the game. When I first opened up the box, I was suprised by the number of cables that you had to plug in. But a quick read of the manual and I was ready to go. Could not reccomend it more!
on 2 April 2014
I can only comment on these headphones from a parent's perspective, not actually using them myself. For some reason, my son seems to go through headphones like some people go through socks! He's had numerous sets - wired and wireless alike. We have bought him cheaper versions and one more expensive version. None of them have lasted very long - whether that's from poor quality products or not being looked after properly (!) who can say? However, this product was very well received and, four months down the line still works as good as it did on day one. And as I seem to have to shout louder to get his attention when he has them on his head whilst playing his xbox, I can only guess they do very well at keeping non-xbox sounds out!
on 25 November 2013
Bought this in the Summer to last me until I get my PS4 as a temporary headset. I play quite competitively at Call of Duty so a good headset is necessary, and coming from SteelSeries to Tritton was definitely the right move. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of sound and comfort of it! I can hear my friends fine and they say I sound perfectly clear, and the mic is very flexible which is handy also! The only thing I would say is that if you have larger than average ears this headset won't be for you, as the ear cups aren't the biggest. However my ears are rather small so it fits perfectly. The actual build of the headset is great and feels well made. It's still working completely fine about 5 months on and I would definitely recommend the Trigger to any gamer of any standard!
on 17 October 2013
The overall audio quality is quite good but there are lots of wires to connect that get in the way. The ear cups sit on the ear rather than around the pinna them so the ear pinna is somewhat pinned back causing some pain if worn for too long.
on 16 February 2012
The headsets looks nice and they sound great! But after about 30 minutes of playing they can get really uncomfortable! Another thing what I find lacking is that there is no voice monitoring! After coming from TB X11's the voice monitoring feature was useful! With these I keep finding myself shouting (And my friends and family telling me off!) when I am wearing them. This defeats the whole purpose of having a gaming headset. Which is to keep the noise down... Not make more of it!

I would invest in buying the AX180's or the TB X12's if you want a decent pair of headsets and more value for money!!