on 25 February 2012
Once I downloaded this book I couldn't put my kindle down until I had finished reading it.
Although I found the book harrowing at times, I admire the authors sense of humour which I suspect is what kept him going when things got really rough.
I think the author is an extremely courageous human being to overcome such unfair odds and then be brave enough to share his story in such a transparent and honest fashion.
The change in their fathers behaviour must have been terrifying for those poor kids and made me wonder how something as ordinary as a house move could result in such devastation to one family, destroying their lives almost overnight!
I loved this book and personally had no real issues around editing, I felt every moment of the authors experience.
If you like factual reading this is for you. Matt Gables story is a big slice of real life.
on 26 August 2012
Ok, i am only 50% of the way through my kindle version of this (only got it this morning)lol,and all i can say is WOW!!! i am loving it!!!!, each chapter is like a short story of his life and when you end the chapter it leaves you wanting to know MORE, you just cant put it down. I cant wait to get home from work and finsih it off!!! highly recomended :)
on 10 July 2012
This is a terrific story by Matt Gable, sure it has a few grammar issues but for this price it's a steal.
It's hard to believe this could happen to someone and although I had a bad childhood it pales in comparison to this book and brings things into perspective.
on 26 December 2011
As a biographer and author I like real life tales. This one is good and makes real life stranger than fiction as usual. The editing needs work but on the whole a good read. Lapping it up, an ordinary woman, who lived an extraordinary life. (Soft Target Series)
on 18 January 2013
I very much enjoy biographies and auto-biographies, so as this was a true story it interested me. It was well written and I would therefore recommend it to anyone also interested in factual literature.
on 12 June 2013
a touching story written in the eyes of the victim in a 'mans' way. The account of the abuse and hardship makes you realise that your own upbringing and parent / child problems were absolutely nothing in comparison.
on 27 January 2012
I took a punt on this book and can honestly say that it was the most enjoyable book that I have read in a while. I really could not put it down. OK so it isn't professionally structured and the spelling is a little off in places but this doesn't detract from how it pulls you into Matt's story.

After reading the book I sat and wondered about a couple of things that are mentioned and thought I would email the author and ask about them. To my delight he replied :-)

Go on, give it a go. I don't think that you will be disappointed.
on 1 December 2012
Whilst the story line may not link through the book and many of the characters disappear without being fully developed it is non the less a gripping read and at all times very thought provoking.
on 30 December 2011
I ENJOYED THIS SHORT STORY, A GOOD READ I BOUGHT AN READ THE WHOLE BOOK IN 24 HOURS BECAUSE I COULDNT PUT IT DOWN. POOR KIDS!!
on 13 March 2012
A very Interesting Life Story .I have read a lot worse cases in my time the Title dose suggest it would be absolutely horrendous but as i have said i have read worse. Now on a good point i thought the book was funny interesting and i could not put it down i felt like i had met the author after reading it. I can not wait till the next book .
one of the reviews i read said the spelling and grammar was appalling i did not notice as my grammer not much better . you don't have to be 100% academic to tell your story and this is what Matt has done . Well done Matt .