on 15 October 2017
I have to give this 5 *s
I do not know how this lady has survived to tell her story! I wouldn't have!! Heart wrenching to say the least from start to finish but Kathleen has come out of this because of her own survival instincts! She was a true fighter from the off and never gave up. I wish Kathleen, Steve and Richard all tge very best as it is what they all deserve ♡♡♡ Would definitely recommend this book and I for one realise just how lucky we are today!
on 21 July 2017
Makes shocking reading, unbelievable how badly these children were treated, the nuns showed them no compassion whatsoever.
on 1 June 2017
Very readable indeed, didn't want to end!
on 10 June 2017
An excellent book, well written but very sad.
on 2 May 2017
Trully gripping story , so true to what happened in these schools and convent run homes. I couldnt put m kindle down i had to read to the end.
on 9 October 2017
Brought me close to tears
on 9 September 2016
I've met the author a few times, and was struck on every occasion by her interest in Catholicism and the behaviour of the Catholic Church. To be honest, it took me a while to work out whether she was passionately in favour of it, or against it. The book leaves the answer in no doubt.

The treatment of Kath and her family, as described in her book, is so outrageous as to leave me wondering whether it could possibly be true. The cruelty and neglect would be right at home in a Dickens novel. Surely this sort of thing doesn't happen in the modern world? But if it's even half true, it's appalling.

Not light reading by any means, but an eye-opener.
on 29 August 2017
I loved this book. Triumph through adversity. Maybe not the best written in the world but a very heart warming account.
on 9 August 2017
Did cancel this book but they sent it
Anyway starting reading the book and looks a good read and sad very sad
on 24 October 2005
I have not read a book for many years but having seen the author on a TV program I felt I had to read her novel.I found the book to be so heartwarming and thought provoking. After reading this my vision of a nun will never be the same. I thoroughly recommend this book.