Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

VINE VOICEon 12 September 2016
I was on holiday and saw Jasvinder Sanghere on a local news channel doing an interview, so when I saw this book, because her interview was interesting, I bought it. I was not disappointed.
Jasvinder was 16 when she ran away from home because her parents had arranged a marriage for her. One of her sisters ends up marrying the man Jasvinder was supposed to marry.
Some 30 years later this book covers her journey to India where she finds family who she didn't know about, and that she hadn't brought shame on the family as she was led to believe.
If you've never visited India, there are some really good descriptions of villages, the Golden Temple and others.
A worthy ready to see how other cultures live.
on 11 August 2012
Shame Travels...A phrase many of us have probably heard before, but it's funny how the notions we are brought up with or rules we have to abide by because our parents had to, sometimes do not have a standing anymore.

Jasvinder Sanghera, you are a very brave woman. I felt my heart weaken at the times where she described how she imagined her parents to be at the Golden temple and in the fields where her father used to sit. Her story is so so sad. But I am glad she has been able to find some family that is willing to stay in touch.

I wish her and the family all the best and hope we contiinue getting updates in the form of future books from the author.

Keep at it Jasvinder :-)
on 17 July 2013
This is the 3rd book of a series of books from Jasvinder. Another brilliant book about her travels to India. Doesn't matter who you are you want to know your heritage and want acceptance from your family and for them to love you for who you are. I cried reading this book. If you have read the first two books, I highly recommend this.
on 18 December 2013
It was lovely to hear how the author has been doing since she published Shame. The journey she goes on in the book is both physical and spiritual, and I felt I travelled the journey with her so good was the description. She does amazing work and has changed procedure, policy and the law as a result of what she went through.
on 11 February 2013
I have read all three of the books jasvinder has written. Shame daughters of shame and shame travels,and from the first paragraph to the last you feel like you are on a journey with the author.you can feel her pain and her triumphs.she is such an inspirational woman who throughout her life has had it really tough and yet she still has the strength and courage to help so many .a truly fantastic read I would thoroughly recommend it .you won't want to put it down .
on 9 June 2013
Another fantastic read. Again it's so well written that you feel like you are on the journey with Jasvinder, I could almost see and smell the things she experienced. I highly recommend this book.
on 8 June 2017
What a wonderful book. Very well written account of a personal journey to find acceptance and how that has been applied so positively to help others. A very informative book about Eastern culture and religion.
on 26 April 2017
It seemed to repeat information that was in her previous books!
on 2 December 2014
Many many Asian girls whose parents came from the sub continent will be able to relate this emotional journey Jasvinder made.
on 3 March 2015
Beautifully written book of Jasvinders travel back home to India and how she reconciled her culture and faith with the past . Truly inspirational woman that had the courage to speak out against forced marriage.