on 18 August 2014
I have bought a few of these compilations recently, must be having some sort of mid life crisis. This set is probably the best that I have. A really good mixture of 80's tracks which I remember so well. Quality of sound is good, compared to some which are allegedly re-mastered and sound terrible. I would recommend this set to any body who have lived life to the full in their younger days. Very happy with my purchase.
8 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2013
To be in that ERA..Boy was that COOL or What! Some songs in the 80s could give ya chills & at the same time make you Happy. Don't wait around for that moment..NOW is the time to enjoy yourself, Treat yourself & Indulge The Ultimate Collection [100 Hits] CD-What a Whooper of Hits after Hits YEAHH!! Thats what you want to feel alive JUMP out of your Skin cos this is no BOX of Tricks, its the 80s & its how I become the Xciter Pop! Artist TODAY. Ultimate means Ultimate..I know-I was there in FULL 80s FASHION..the smell of that ERA..NOW IM HERE! SOMEBODY'S WATCHIN ME? Rockwell & MJ Kick it 3 TIMES cos this CDs HOTaaah!!
on 19 February 2013
Having appreciated the great music that came out of the end of the 70s, I didn,t think music could get better, but the 80s were brilliant. 80s pop has some good sounds on it, right through the decade. There are certain songs on it I wouldn,t have put there, like Bros and NKOTB and Amazulu, but if you like their songs then its for you. What I liked is the inclusion of songs like love resurrection by Alison Moyet which hardly gets put on compilations and Sophia George from 1985, Split Enz and Propaganda, to name a couple more good artists. There is a good range from 1980-89, but there are still some fabulous songs that all these compilations seem not to want to include, I could give you another complete cd if I really thought about it. All in all 80s pop is a good buy.
on 29 November 2015
I'm such an 80's gal.I love it even to this day. This cd brings back memories,however I feel a number of tracks are merely "Fillers" and that's OK. But some of the real top songs from the long gone era are badly missing. The very songs that are the '80s'. Still a good but for the price and the nostalgia.just a pity this album did not stream to my phone as others have from amazon.
on 7 April 2014
Plenty to choose from on this - if you don't like something or are not in the mood for it you can just spin on to the next track but I must say the majority of this I really like. So much so that daughter is now begging for something different in the car, lol.
Very good quality sound and original artists and also excellent value - I chose it : daughter bought it for my 50th Birthday recently and it was easily affordable on her meagre pocket money budget. Very fast dispatch too.
on 30 August 2017
Christmas present, onshore about this present
One person found this helpful
on 24 November 2012
I'm very pleased with this, as one who lives in an 80's time-warp. A lot of tracks here that I previously didn't have and ones that I've liked in the past, but didn't know from the title alone. Not definitive by any means, but what collections are? For 100 tracks across 5 Cd's, if you only like half of them, you've still got a bargain. I like to be taken back in time, and this collection certainly takes you there. Now where's me Mandate?
on 20 August 2013
Of the whole selection I would say that between 25% and 50% are filler tracks and by no means in the top 100 of the decade.

However, this is a great value purchase. At £7 for 100 tracks it's a no brainer really if you are into this era.

I bought this as a gift for my girlfriend but it now happily resides in my car! Perfect for sing-along roadtrips.
on 2 October 2012
Bought this album as recognized alot of my old time favourites from growing up as a teen in the 80's!
Its one of those albums you put on when you need to get the housework done and feel the need to bop along
singing to all your favourites! Its also a very cheerful album with plenty of upbeat tunes!
Definately recommend this album especially if you remember "I think were alone now" or "boys,boys,boys" and "Tainted love" brill! i used to listen to that one when the fair came to town whilst riding on the Waltzers!
One person found this helpful