Customer reviews

on 10 May 2015
I held off buying this for a long time as I felt that it was expensive for essentially ten minutes reading. And while I'm being honest about being a pinch penny, just to point out that 50% of this ebook is a sample of Feed - book one of the newsflesh trilogy (which is brilliant by the way.) Still my curiosity got the better of me and I can honestly say that even with the above caveats, this book is worth it.

A chilling game in which a group of friends meet up once a week - as they have done for 15yrs - and play out scenarios that would destroy the world. Except that Cole hasn't been coming recently. Work or something. And yet she won't be missing her turn...

A fairly terrifying thought experiment and a thoroughly entertaining short story. It is the length it needs to be. I would just have rather had a collection of Grant's non Newsflesh short stories all gathered together in one volume. I'm sure she must have a few more out there...
A definite for Mira Grant fans.
on 15 January 2013
This wasn't too bad however I did prefer the short story "Last Stand of the California Browncoats" from Mira Grant. It didn't take me long to read it and the game was a fresh twist on all the other books. I know it's a short story but if it was longer it might've made it a lot better :) But I do love the Newsflesh Trilogy. If you are new to Mira Grant's books I would recommend you start with Feed as opposed to one of her short stories =)
on 19 December 2015
Whilst interesting, this doesn't add much to the Newsflesh trilogy and other related short stories (which are great, and I would recommend them). It's certainly not required reading and in my view it isn't worth paying for. Half the book is the start of Feed, as such the actual story is an extremely short read (5-10 minutes).
on 20 January 2013
The danger of playing reality games when one person has the capability and means to play it for real. It's a good possible start to the virus.