Customer reviews

Devil to Pay (Night Huntress)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.49

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 September 2011
This is a very short tale, which was published a while back in a pricey antho FOUR DUKES AND A DEVIL, and in which it seemed a bit mis-matched. I'm a major fan, so to get a Jeaniene Frost novella connected to the Night Huntress series for this price made me snap it up for my Kindle.

Short and sweet, it's the tale of good guy Blake who is trying to kill himself, as that is the only way in which the demon who has possessed him can be killed off, but his decency and selflessness (via his suicide attempt) bring him to the attention of lone vampire Elise.

Elise has lived for so long that she's forgotten how to live and what happiness might be, as she's been intent on protecting herself from the pain of losing all that she loves. She has simply allowed herself to exist because of her connection to Mencheres - the last person 'alive' that she cares about - rather than ending her long, lonely life, but with Blake, her faith and desire to 'live' are restored...

Because of Blake's impending death, this tale is rushed, but the characters are sympathetic and I felt for them both. It would have been nice to see them living their HEA, but the tale didn't allow for this.

Add in an incredibly short 'in-and-out' cameo by Cat and Bones (still very welcomed, but not really relevant to the tale) and a bit of a longer one by Mencheres (relevant), and this was a good read.
on 27 September 2011
Not even worth the .99. I expected much better from Frost and wish I could return this. Save your money and read her full length novels instead.
on 4 November 2011
I really liked this, can't believe I have had it unread for ages and havn't picked it up until now. I love a good romance but there is something about the way Jeaniene Frost writes that draws you in and takes hold.

I would have liked it to be a little longer because I love the characters and the storyline.
on 23 May 2013
I love this author but this is just a quick read, good but not fab!! Far too quick for me!! Her others books I would give 5 star but this la ked some of the depth of her longer novels ( probably because it was a short read).
on 20 February 2013
I enjoyed this short story. I could see Jeaniene Frost pulling all her characters together to make a great story, which of course I hope she does. I would recommend all Jeaniene Frost books.
on 11 September 2013
I am so hooked on Jeaniene frost books as they are brilliant, I think she has a gift of writting that surpasses Charlaine Harris, I hope they never stop.
on 17 May 2014
Love the characters and hope to see more of them in the future. The night huntress series is just one of the best book series i have read in years.
on 13 September 2011
A nice well rounded tale. Likable characters and a plot that moves along nicely. If you are a Jeaniene Frost fan you will like this tale.
on 5 March 2015
A shame this is a spin off novella I wanted more but a good story nevertheless. I'm going to read happy never after now.
on 14 April 2015