on 13 July 2017
Do what they're meant to do. Good product, would buy again.
on 16 December 2012
Cable works well at charging and with data, and it's handy to have a long retractable cable.
Tip: you need to pull both ends at the same time to extend the cable or else it snags.
on 19 April 2012
I have only had this product a week or so.

From what I can see so far, this is a more robust item than it looks in the photo.

Quite solidly built, the wire looks like a flat 3 core wire approximately 3mm by 1mm.

So far very happy, it charges up my HTC Desire without a problem & recoils back into its holder nicely.
I have used this with a 3 pinMains usb charger & also with my PC & its works fine as a data cable as well as a charging cable.

The extra Long 1.8 metre Cable makes all the diference when charging from a socket that is not easy to get at.

For £3.99 & free Postage, you cant ask for more!
on 31 July 2015
Long and convenient. I eventually managed to break all of them by standing on them or similar which then cracks them open and causes the springy bit of metal to escape... but this was after much use.

One flaw I noticed was that these were visibly slower to charge 2 amp usb devices than shorter cables... I'm pretty sure about this effect, but I feel a bit bad about not being able to publish something more experimentally verified. Works fine for phones though.
on 17 March 2013
Great cable. The cord expands and auto-retracts well, and data/power functionality is good. It's a tidy gadget to carry about in a bag or pocket - no more loose cables, just a compact case. Make sure to pull both sides to expand, otherwise it takes a few attempts at retraction to set things right again.
on 2 July 2013
This is a nice idea and the cable works perfectly as a connector but I find it very difficult to get the ratchet to disengage so that I can get it to retract. I have had similar devices in the past which have retracted very easily with a gently tug at each end. This one is much more difficult and I typically need several attempts before I can make it work. It may be that I have a rogue one but it's all I have tocomment on!
on 1 October 2014
I have 2 of these. I have always found them to be good quality and work to charge smaller devices well. No problem with data transfer. A bit fiddly sometimes when retracting. Now I'm using them with a 2.0 amp charger I find they are not adequate and am only getting 0.75 amp. I get 1.5 amps with some of the shorter cheaper retractable cables and the full 2.0 amps with a non-retractable cable.
on 22 September 2014
The retraction seems to work fine. but the spring is not able to lock into position - any position at all. You have to apply constant pull to prevent it from recoiling back. Useless in this case.
on 22 April 2013
Very delicate in my opinion. if the cable is extended even slightly incorrectly the retraction mechanism fails to work. Mine does not retract at all now, but charging and data works fine.
on 9 November 2013
Bought 2 of these to keep in the car. Extended the first one (slowly) and a chunk of plastic from the middle flew out, and now it won't retract.