on 28 September 2016
Have bought this for my sons new flat, connects to Bluetooth easily and has a good sound. He takes it from room to room as its so portable. I have the same model for a couple of years and had no problems.
on 20 August 2017
Meh.
It's ok, but only just. Not sure why we chose this one but I guess it might have been because it was a Creative product. Nothing good or bad about it, it's just boringly average and not fab value for money.
on 10 February 2014
This speaker deserve some praise nice sound nice style would have preferred battery has well has power so you could put it where power is not available cant have everything other than that just pair and go easy .
on 26 February 2015
Great gift for a man who has everything but needs his music in what ever room he's in, this is a good sound and portable from room to room.
on 7 July 2014
Works pretty well, although Kindle Fire HD does not always reconnect smoothly. Maximum volume is only a comfortable listening volume, this would be no good for a party!
on 5 November 2013
Bought this for travelling and was pleased to see it came with both eu & uk mains leads. Realised it would be dilivered a day late for my trip to Gozo. Rang amazon and I have to say, talk about above & beyond their call of duty! They arranged for it to be sent 1st class, then the nice lady said it might be cutting it fine so the she said she would send it next day just to be sure, no extra cost. I know they can afford it but it's nice when you need a little extra, they give you more than a little. Well done amazon/nice lady from customer service. Looking after customers like that will go a long way.
The device is amszing for the price. Highly recommend. Simple, good quality with good all round sound.
on 26 May 2014
Bought these for my daughter's room now she has outgrown her little CD player. She connected her iPad and ipod to the speakers in a matter of minutes and can now switch between the two sources at the touch of a button. Sound is perfectly adequate for her room and she is delighted with them.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 28 October 2011
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The "Creative D80 Pure Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System" works a treat.

As its advertising says it is quite compact - but powerful. It is about the size of a small marrow (!) but packs quite a meaty punch in the sound department.

It works, so the advertising says, up to 10m - though as with all Bluetooth devices it needs a clear path (it stops working if you take your device into another room and have walls in-between you and the speaker!)

My version is a slick black - almost the entire surface of the front is taken up with the "speaker". The entire front includes just a small panel with three other "inputs".

There is an "Aux In" jack for an mp3 player, phone or other device if you want to use this speaker conventionally (i.e. if your music playing device does not have Bluetooth capabilities).

There is a "+" & "-" button to turn up/down the volume.
Lastly is the Bluetooth button. You will need to press and hold this for 3 seconds before your device will find this unit.
There is a mains lead input into the back and an on/off switch.
And that is that!

It comes with minimal instructions (very few are really needed) - but in 18 different languages - just in case you wanted to know what the Polish for "Quick Start Guide" is (it's Szybki Start"!)

All in all, a nicely built Bluetooth speaker, works perfectly and the sound is clear and powerful.
11 Comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2014
I bought this because the internal speakers in my laptop stopped working and I didn't want to use headphones or attach speaker cables to my set up. It was very quick and easy to “pair” it with my blue tooth enabled laptop and get going. The sound reproduction is very good for what it is and what it cost; it is obviously not top notch hi fi but is much superior to the internal laptop speakers and it packs a lot more “punch” in terms of volume.
The speaker works really well with all the audio outputs on my laptop. It did not work at all with Skpe until I discovered I needed to alter the Skpe audio settings by switching the audio output to the Creative 80 instead of to the internal laptop speakers. Once done, it worked fine with Skpe. The instructions do make a general reference to the possible need to change audio output settings in some cases.
I find that the speaker does not respond to the DTS sound system adjustments in my particular laptop (bass boost, surround sound etc); these only seem to work with the internal speakers or headphones. However, the quality is good enough for me as it is without these refinements. It does respond to the Microsoft sound adjustments accessible via the control panel on my Windows 8 laptop which offer 3 enhancements – bass boost, headphone virtualisation and loudness equalisation - and these can modify its sound reproduction according to taste.
The speaker is mains operated and does not use batteries which suits me personally since it saves having to keep charging or replacing batteries.
At £32 and post free, this purchase was almost certainly cheaper than getting my laptop repaired. It has proved an excellent, wireless-free solution to my problem which has also enhanced the listening experience. As an added bonus, it also works well with my tablet and mobile phone. It was definitely a very good buy for me.
on 5 February 2014
I looked at a lot of B'Tth speakers and in the end plumped for this one as I know creative aren't bad at all. In fact they're very good. I only wanted something for upstairs when tidying up etc and this delivers well. I know I could've gone all out and spent a fortune on a Bose speaker and I'm sure I would've been swept away by the grandeur and celestial experience that the sound would have rewarded me with, but I wasn't going to spend over £100 to get high on sound! If you by this speaker you won't get a celestial Bose experience but what you will get is a speaker rich in bass and an all round great quality sound. This speaker does deliver exceptionally well and didn't distort when loud either. It has a really good rich sound.
I love this speaker and am very happy with it.
I have never had a Bose speaker but have heard them in action. They are really good and If Bose would like to GIVE me one of their lovely speakers FREE I would never say no and I'm sure I would write them a wonderfully celestial review, but for now in my limited budget and real world not dream world life, I have to say that this speaker, although not Bose, is not a disappointment at all. I love it! It's my new family member but bottom line is this:
If you want a Bose quality sound then you probably need to spend a Bose quality price, but if you want a more down to earth price then this Creative speaker is very very good and not at all disappointing.